Deal Alert: Delta Sale to Europe From 30,000 Miles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta has launched another SkyMiles sale, this time to Europe starting at just 30,000 miles round-trip, plus taxes and fees. The deals are available from cities across the country, including New York (JFK), Atlanta (ATL) and Boston (BOS) to cities in Europe like Amsterdam (AMS), Milan (MXP) and Paris (CDG). Many routes are nonstop.
Delta says that the deals start at 40,000 miles round-trip, but we were able to find deals starting at 30,000 miles plus taxes and fees. We were also able to find deals out of cities Delta didn’t mention in the promotion, such as all three Washington-area airports (IAD/DCA/BWI).
You have from January 7 until the end of March to travel. But don’t wait to book these deals as they expire August 30!
Of course, if you’re also in need of a hotel stay to go with your flight, be sure to check out the current Delta Vacations promotion (ends Aug. 30) that offers double the value for your SkyMiles when you use them toward a flight + hotel package, as this may offer a better option.
To search, head Delta’s website and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline.
Routes: ATL/BOS/DTW/MSP/JFK/RDU/SEA to AMS/BRU/FRA/LHR/MAD/MUC/CDG/FCO/DUB/EDI/MXP/ZRH
Cost: 30,000 SkyMiles + taxes and fees
Dates: January 7 – March 31, 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Zurich (ZRH) for 30,000 miles + $58 round-trip nonstop:
New York (JFK) to Rome (FCO) for 38,000 miles +$69 round-trip nonstop:
Seattle (SEA) to Amsterdam (AMS) for 40,000 miles + $51 round-trip nonstop:
Atlanta (ATL) to Amsterdam (AMS) for 40,000 miles + $51 round-trip nonstop:
Detroit (DTW) to Paris (CDG) for 40,000 miles + $81 round-trip nonstop:
Minneapolis (MSP) to London (LHR) for 40,000 miles + $175 round-trip nonstop:
Washington (IAD) to London (LHR) for 40,000 miles + $181 round-trip:
Boosting Your SkyMiles Balance
There are a variety of ways to earn Delta miles — from Delta-operated flights to trips on SkyTeam airlines to various non-travel partners. However, one of the best ways to boost your SkyMiles balance to score a few free trips is by adding one of these cards to your arsenal:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express ($550 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); 75,000-point welcome bonus after you use your new card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 6 months of account opening, though be sure to check the CardMatch Tool to see if you’re targeted for a 100,000-point welcome bonus after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months (offer subject to change at anytime). You can transfer Membership Rewards points directly to Delta SkyMiles. Terms Apply.
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express ($595 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); Earn 85,000 points after you spend $15,000 on qualifying purchases within the first three months of account opening. Terms Apply.
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card ($450 annual fee; $550 if application is received on or after 1/30/2020, See Rates & Fees); Earn 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 40,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express ($95 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured photo courtesy of Getty Images.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Amex Business Platinum Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Delta Reserve Business Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Gold Delta SkyMiles Card, click here.
Featured image courtesy of Ross Helen/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.