Deal alert: Fly to Mexico for less than $250 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Mexico is a beach destination that travelers flock to throughout the year. JetBlue and United are offering some great deals from major U.S. cities to Cancun and Cozumel for under $250 round-trip for travel from January to April.
Want your TPG news delivered straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
SecretFlying reported the deals to Cozumel, and the discounts to Cancun were sent out in a newsletter by Scott’s Cheap Flights, which offers an annual Premium membership at $49 and an Elite membership at $99.
Airlines: JetBlue and United
Routes: DEN/IAH/JFK/MCO/ORD and to CUN/CZM
How to book: Directly through the airlines or through Google Flights
Travel dates: January – April
The fares below are for basic economy seats on JetBlue or United. You will pay extra for a carry-on, checked bag and/or seat selection.
One of the cheapest fares we found is a nonstop flight from Houston (IAH) to Cancun (CUN) at $192 round-trip on United in March.
Travelers in Chicago (ORD) can escape winter temperatures and head to Cozumel (CZM) on a nonstop United flight in February.
United also has direct flights from Denver (DEN) to Cozumel (CZM) for $231 round-trip from the beginning of February to the middle of the month.
(Screenshot courtesy of Google Flights)
Those on the East Coast can head to Cancun (CUN) from New York (JFK) on JetBlue for $237 round-trip from the end of February to the beginning of March. The departure flight is nonstop and the return has a stop in Fort Lauderdale (FLL).
There are a limited number of flights from Orlando (MCO) to Cancun (CUN) at the price of $236 round-trip on JetBlue. One flight that we found at this discounted rate was for travel from Jan. 24 to Jan. 31.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points. Frequent JetBlue flyers can use the JetBlue Plus Card for 6 points per dollar on eligible JetBlue purchases, the JetBlue Card for 3 points per dollar on eligible JetBlue purchases or the JetBlue Business Card for 6 points per dollar on eligible JetBlue purchases.
The information for the JetBlue Card, the JetBlue Plus Card, the JetBlue Business Card and the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Perhaps you want to relax in a luxurious suite at a resort like the Waldorf Astoria Cancun or go snorkeling in Cozumel. Snag these deals for an affordable vacation.
Featured image by Raul Garcia Herrera/EyeEm for Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees