Deal Alert: Premium economy flights from LAX to Tokyo under $900
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Japan is one of those majestic destinations where you can’t stop thinking about it once you visit. Aeromexico, Air Canada and American are offering premium economy flights to Tokyo from under $900 round-trip and Zipair, a low-cost carrier that is a subsidiary of Japan Airlines, is offering business class flights under $1,800 round-trip.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Scott’s Cheap Flights, which offers a premium membership that alerts readers to discounted fares for $49 a year, told us about these deals. The rates to Tokyo are available for travel from March to November.
Airlines: Aeromexico, Air Canada, American and Zipair
Routes: LAX to NRT
How to book: Directly through the airline or through Google Flights
Travel dates: March — November
AM Plus seats on Aeromexico for the deal below includes a premium seat, extra legroom, a carry-on, checked bag and priority boarding. Business class seats on Zipair include a ZIP full-flat seat, but anything additional will cost extra.
The deal below is a premium economy flight on Aeromexico from Los Angeles (LAX) to Narita (NRT) for $881 round-trip and it’s mostly available throughout the month of November at this price.
A business class seat on Zipair is widely available from Los Angeles (LAX) to Narita (NRT) throughout much of the year at $1,738 round-trip for a direct flight.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Experience the wonder, culture and vibrance of Japan, and you’ll be glad you did. Book a comfy seat on your way to Tokyo before these deals are gone.
Featured image by Jackyenjoyphotography/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees