Delta mileage run deal alert: Fly premium economy to Asia starting at $838 R/T
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s Note: This post was updated to reflect not all the seats included in this deal are in the premium economy cabin.
We’re seeing great Delta Premium Select deals — some nonstop — to Asia starting at $838 round-trip. The deals appear to be available from January through June 2020. The deals are available from major U.S. cities served by Delta to cities such as Shanghai (PVG), Mumbai (BOM) and Seoul (ICN).
Additionally, we’re seeing a few cheap deals on Virgin Atlantic (sold by Delta) to Mumbai.
This could be a great way to get in a mileage run this year, especially if you don’t want to spend a ton of money or spend a day in traditional economy. For instance, the Miami (MIA) to Tokyo (HND) trip would earn you $1,070 MQDs and 20,948 MQMs, which would put you close to earning Delta Silver Medallion status if you were starting from scratch. If you booked a Virgin Atlantic ticket marketed on Delta from Atlanta (ATL) to Mumbai (BOM), you’d earn a whopping 26,092 MQMs. Keep in mind some of these flights are in extra legroom economy, but not premium economy cabins.
We first spotted the deals from Miami at Rene’s Points.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline.
Airline: Delta, Virgin Atlantic
Routes: LAX/MIA/ATL/PDX/BWI/SEA/BOS/JFK – HND/BOM/PVG/ICN
Cost: $838+ round-trip in premium economy
Dates: January – June 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Shanghai (PVG) for $838 round-trip nonstop in Premium Select:
Seattle (SEA) to Shanghai (PVG) for $986 round-trip nonstop in Premium Select:
New York (JFK) to Mumbai (BOM) for $1,095 round-trip in Economy Delight on Virgin Atlantic:
Portland (PDX) to Tokyo (HND) for $1,097 round-trip in Premium Select:
Atlanta (ATL) to Mumbai (BOM) for $1,100 round-trip in Economy Delight on Virgin Atlantic:
Baltimore (BWI) to Seoul (ICN) for $1,153 round-trip in Premium Select:
Miami (MIA) to Tokyo (HND) for $1,182 round-trip in Premium Select:
Boston (BOS) to Tokyo (HND) for $1,182 round-trip in Premium Select:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.