Delta mileage run deal alert: Fly premium economy to Asia starting at $838 R/T
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s Note: This post was updated to reflect not all the seats included in this deal are in the premium economy cabin.
We’re seeing great Delta Premium Select deals — some nonstop — to Asia starting at $838 round-trip. The deals appear to be available from January through June 2020. The deals are available from major U.S. cities served by Delta to cities such as Shanghai (PVG), Mumbai (BOM) and Seoul (ICN).
Additionally, we’re seeing a few cheap deals on Virgin Atlantic (sold by Delta) to Mumbai.
This could be a great way to get in a mileage run this year, especially if you don’t want to spend a ton of money or spend a day in traditional economy. For instance, the Miami (MIA) to Tokyo (HND) trip would earn you $1,070 MQDs and 20,948 MQMs, which would put you close to earning Delta Silver Medallion status if you were starting from scratch. If you booked a Virgin Atlantic ticket marketed on Delta from Atlanta (ATL) to Mumbai (BOM), you’d earn a whopping 26,092 MQMs. Keep in mind some of these flights are in extra legroom economy, but not premium economy cabins.
We first spotted the deals from Miami at Rene’s Points.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline.
Airline: Delta, Virgin Atlantic
Routes: LAX/MIA/ATL/PDX/BWI/SEA/BOS/JFK – HND/BOM/PVG/ICN
Cost: $838+ round-trip in premium economy
Dates: January – June 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Shanghai (PVG) for $838 round-trip nonstop in Premium Select:
Seattle (SEA) to Shanghai (PVG) for $986 round-trip nonstop in Premium Select:
New York (JFK) to Mumbai (BOM) for $1,095 round-trip in Economy Delight on Virgin Atlantic:
Portland (PDX) to Tokyo (HND) for $1,097 round-trip in Premium Select:
Atlanta (ATL) to Mumbai (BOM) for $1,100 round-trip in Economy Delight on Virgin Atlantic:
Baltimore (BWI) to Seoul (ICN) for $1,153 round-trip in Premium Select:
Miami (MIA) to Tokyo (HND) for $1,182 round-trip in Premium Select:
Boston (BOS) to Tokyo (HND) for $1,182 round-trip in Premium Select:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees