Deal alert: Lufthansa business class to Europe starting at $1,685 R/T
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
If you’re planning a Europe trip and you want to do it in style, or you have an upcoming mileage run, I have some deals for you. We’re seeing business class deals from cities like New York (JFK), Miami (MIA) and San Francisco (SFO) to virtually every European destination served by Lufthansa. The cheapest deals we’re seeing start at less than $1,700, a steal for Lufthansa business class.
The deal from Los Angeles was first reported by miken1999 at FlyerTalk. Make sure you check your home city as not all deals are represented.
The best deals can be found using Amex Travel’s International Airline Program (IAP), which is a perk you have if you hold The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, or The Centurion Card from American Express. Make sure you check there first, which drops the price to Reykjavik to $1,685. The deals are also bookable via Google Flights, but expect pay about $200 more. The deals appear to be available in April 2020 and note that some of the return legs may be on Star Alliance partners like Swiss.
Most of the tickets are booked on Lufthansa’s A380. TPG’s Zach Honig recently reviewed Lufthansa’s business class from Seattle (SEA) to Frankfurt (FRA) on the carrier’s 747-400 and lucked out with a solo seat.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Routes: JFK/EWR/LAX/MIA/SFO/ATL/IAD/BOS/ORD – European cities served by Lufthansa
Cost: $1,685+ round-trip in business
Dates: April – May 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $1,685 round-trip in business:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Warsaw (WAW) for $2,013 round-trip in business:
Boston (BOS) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $2,021 round-trip in business:
Miami (MIA) to Barcelona (BCN) for $2,034 round-trip in business:
Washington (IAD) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $2,086 round-trip in business:
Chicago (ORD) to Dublin (DUB) for $2,115 round-trip in business:
San Francisco (SFO) to Frankfurt (FRA) for $2,118 round-trip nonstop:
Atlanta (ATL) to Frankfurt (FRA) for $2,248 round-trip nonstop in business:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Zach Honig / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees