JetBlue flash sale: Flights starting at $44 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is back with a new two-day flash sale, with one-way deals around the US, Puerto Rico and several Caribbean and South American destinations. We’re seeing one-way fares starting at just $44. Some fares are even lower than what’s been published by the airline, so make sure to play with the dates and cities to get the lowest price.
Keep in mind that all tickets are in JetBlue’s Blue class, which means checked bags aren’t included.
Note that there are several blackout dates, including Sep. 28–October 1, Oct.12-14, Nov. 6-12 & Nov. 21 – Dec. 2. If you see a deal you like, don’t wait as this promotion expires on Sep. 13 at 11:59 PM!
This is a good opportunity to use JetBlue TrueBlue points since award redemptions are tied to the cost of the ticket. You can transfer points from Citi ThankYou and Chase Ultimate Rewards to JetBlue at a 1:1 ratio, but a less attractive 250: 200 ratio from Amex Membership Rewards.
To search, head to directly to JetBlue’s website and enter your origin and destination cities, or browse through the sale page. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline.
Routes: Many routes served by JetBlue, see full list here
Cost: $44 one-way or $87 round-trip
Dates: September – December
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Long Beach (LGB) to San Jose (SJC) for $43 one-way:
Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) for $48 one-way:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Boston (BOS) for $48 one-way:
Boston (BOS) to Pittsburgh (PIT) for $63 one-way:
Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) to Grand Cayman (GCM) for $64 one-way:
New York (JFK) to Worcester (ORH) for $92 round-trip:
Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) for $97 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.