JetBlue flash sale: Flights starting at $44 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue is back with a new two-day flash sale, with one-way deals around the US, Puerto Rico and several Caribbean and South American destinations. We’re seeing one-way fares starting at just $44. Some fares are even lower than what’s been published by the airline, so make sure to play with the dates and cities to get the lowest price.
Keep in mind that all tickets are in JetBlue’s Blue class, which means checked bags aren’t included.
Note that there are several blackout dates, including Sep. 28–October 1, Oct.12-14, Nov. 6-12 & Nov. 21 – Dec. 2. If you see a deal you like, don’t wait as this promotion expires on Sep. 13 at 11:59 PM!
This is a good opportunity to use JetBlue TrueBlue points since award redemptions are tied to the cost of the ticket. You can transfer points from Citi ThankYou and Chase Ultimate Rewards to JetBlue at a 1:1 ratio, but a less attractive 250: 200 ratio from Amex Membership Rewards.
To search, head to directly to JetBlue’s website and enter your origin and destination cities, or browse through the sale page. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline.
Routes: Many routes served by JetBlue, see full list here
Cost: $44 one-way or $87 round-trip
Dates: September – December
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Long Beach (LGB) to San Jose (SJC) for $43 one-way:
Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) for $48 one-way:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Boston (BOS) for $48 one-way:
Boston (BOS) to Pittsburgh (PIT) for $63 one-way:
Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) to Grand Cayman (GCM) for $64 one-way:
New York (JFK) to Worcester (ORH) for $92 round-trip:
Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) for $97 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees