Deal alert: Hawaii for less than $200
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Want to kick off the new year in Hawaii? Now could be your chance. United Airlines is offering some deals in the beginning of 2022 from major West Coast cities to Kailua-Kona on Hawaii’s Big Island starting below $200 round-trip. From its dramatic volcanic landscape to its boutique coffee farms and some of the world’s best snorkeling, Hawaii is always a good idea. Travel now through March to take advantage of these fares.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Secret Flying first reported the offers, which are available from January to March.
Airline: United Airlines.
Routes: LAX/PHX/NEV/SEA to KOA.
How to book: Directly through airline site or via Google Flights.
Travel dates: January to March 2022.
The following deals are for Basic Economy seats on United Airlines, which include one carry-on. Seat selection and a checked bag can be added for extra fees.
Some of the cheapest flights we found for just under $200 round-trip were in February from California. Nonstops from Los Angeles (LAX) and San Francisco (SFO) to Kailua-Kona (KOA) are available for $199.
Travelers in Arizona can snag a flight from Phoenix (PHX) to Kailua-Kona (KOA) for $222 round-trip with one stop in Los Angeles (LAX) from the end of January to the beginning of February.
A flight from Las Vegas (LAS) to Kailua-Kona (KOA) will cost $267 round-trip from the beginning to the middle of February. We found selection is limited, so jump on this while you can. These fares are typically over $500 round-trip this time of year.
In the beginning of February, travelers in Seattle (SEA) can travel to Kailua-Kona (KOA) for $275 round-trip with a stop in San Francisco (SFO). Again, this is much below the usual rate for flights this time of year.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The beauty, history and culture of Hawaii’s islands are beguiling.
Keep in mind that before traveling to Hawaii, it is important to know the current health requirements and recommendations. Read everything you need to know prior to visiting Hawaii here.
Featured image by Sam Antonio Photography / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees