Deal Alert: Flights to Costa Rica From $214 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re looking for a place to go with plenty of activities then add Costa Rica to your plans because flights are available for as low as $214 round-trip.
Whether you want to explore the rainforest, hike up a volcano or just relax on the beach — there’s something for every type of traveler in this beautiful country. And if you need anymore of a reason to go, the winter is their dry season.
All of these low fares are in each airline’s version of basic economy, so you’ll have to pay additional fees to check a bag and select seats ahead of time, and may not be eligible for upgrades.
Some of these fares are available as soon as November, but you’ll have to play around with your dates and routes on Google Flights to see what fits your travel dates.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: American, Copa, JetBlue, United, Volaris, InterJet
Routes: LAX/TPA/MIA/MCO/AUS/BOS/CHS/ATL/MSY/PHL//EWR/ORD/LAS/BWI/SAT/RDU/DEN/SFO to SJO
Cost: $214+ round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: November – April 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Las Angeles (LAX) to San Jose (SJO) for $214 round-trip when booked separately on Volaris and InterJet:
Tampa (TPA) to San Jose (SJO) for $224 round-trip on Copa:
Miami (MIA) to San Jose (SJO) for $236 round-trip on American:
Orlando (MCO) to San Jose (SJO) for $286 round-trip on United:
Austin (AUS) to San Jose (SJO) for $308 round-trip on United:
Boston (BOS) to San Jose (SJO) for $308 round-trip on Copa:
Charleston (CHS) to San Jose (SJO) for $318 round-trip on United:
Atlanta (ATL) to San Jose (SJO) for $319 round-trip on JetBlue:
New Orleans (MSY) to San Jose (SJO) for $320 round-trip on Copa:
Philadelphia (PHL) to San Jose (SJO) for $323 round-trip on JetBlue:
Newark (EWR) to San Jose (SJO) for $327 round-trip on JetBlue:
Chicago (ORD) to San Jose (SJO) for $334 round-trip on Copa: Las Vegas (LAS) to San Jose (SJO) for $349 round-trip on American: Baltimore (BWI) to San Jose (SJO) for $353 round-trip on American: San Antonio (SAT) to San Jose (SJO) for $360 round-trip on United:Raleigh-Durham (RDU) to San Jose (SJO) for $366 round-trip on United:
Denver (DEN) to San Jose (SJO) for $394 round-trip on Copa: San Francisco (SFO) to San Jose (SJO) for $394 round-trip on American:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees