Delta SkyMiles flash sale: Caribbean, US flights from 12k miles round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta is back with another SkyMiles flash sale, good for destinations throughout the Caribbean and Mexico — just in time for Spring Break.
We’re seeing deals as low as 12,000 miles round-trip to popular destinations like Turks and Caicos (PLS), 13,000 miles round-trip to Nassau, Bahamas (NAS) and 18,000 miles round-trip to Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ). Deals are available from around the U.S. from cities like New York-JFK, Boston (BOS) and Los Angeles (LAX).
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
TPG values each SkyMile at 1.2 cents, so 12,000 miles is worth around $144. If you’re in need of SkyMiles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Delta at a 1:1 ratio.
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card: Earn 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Terms apply.
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card: Earn 40,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card:40,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. Terms apply.
To search, plug in your origin and destination airports at— even if your cities aren’t listed on the sale page, it’s worth checking because some deals aren’t advertised. Use Delta’s “Flexible Dates” calendar and make sure to check “shop with miles” when looking at search results.
Routes: Major routes served by Delta, see full list here
Cost: 12,000+ SkyMiles round-trip
Dates: February – April 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige and Citi Premier has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York- JFK to Turks and Caicos for 12,000 SkyMiles round-trip nonstop in Main Cabin:
Boston to Nassau for 13,000 SkyMiles round-trip nonstop in Main Cabin:
Los Angeles to Nassau for 18,000 SkyMiles round-trip in Main Cabin:
Seattle (SEA) to Cancun (CUN) for 20,500 SkyMiles round-trip nonstop in Main Cabin:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). For more details, check out our post on the best cards for maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo courtesy of Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.