Delta SkyMiles flash sale: Caribbean, US flights from 12k miles round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta is back with another SkyMiles flash sale, good for destinations throughout the Caribbean and Mexico — just in time for Spring Break.
We’re seeing deals as low as 12,000 miles round-trip to popular destinations like Turks and Caicos (PLS), 13,000 miles round-trip to Nassau, Bahamas (NAS) and 18,000 miles round-trip to Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ). Deals are available from around the U.S. from cities like New York-JFK, Boston (BOS) and Los Angeles (LAX).
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
TPG values each SkyMile at 1.1 cents, so 12,000 miles is worth around $132. If you’re in need of SkyMiles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Delta at a 1:1 ratio.
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card: Earn 70,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening.
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. Terms apply.
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card: Earn 80,000 bonus miles, plus 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. Terms apply.
To search, plug in your origin and destination airports at— even if your cities aren’t listed on the sale page, it’s worth checking because some deals aren’t advertised. Use Delta’s “Flexible Dates” calendar and make sure to check “shop with miles” when looking at search results.
Routes: Major routes served by Delta, see full list here
Cost: 12,000+ SkyMiles round-trip
Dates: February – April 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York- JFK to Turks and Caicos for 12,000 SkyMiles round-trip nonstop in Main Cabin:
Boston to Nassau for 13,000 SkyMiles round-trip nonstop in Main Cabin:
Los Angeles to Nassau for 18,000 SkyMiles round-trip in Main Cabin:
Seattle (SEA) to Cancun (CUN) for 20,500 SkyMiles round-trip nonstop in Main Cabin:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). For more details, check out our post on the best cards for maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo courtesy of Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.