Delta Flash Sale: Mexico and Caribbean From 12,000 SkyMiles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Good news if you’re looking for a deal to Mexican or Caribbean beach destinations and have some Delta SkyMiles burning a hole in your pocket. Delta is back with another flash sale on award flights.
And while there have been some great flight deals to Cancun recently, this promotion makes using miles competitive. According to current TPG valuations, 12,000 SkyMiles are worth just $144. If interested, make a quick decision as tickets must be purchased no later than July 11, 2018.
While Delta only lists the following routes, we are finding that this award sale is much more extensive. So, hop onto Delta.com and search around for the route of your choice to see how it’s pricing out.
Routes: JFK/LAX/BOS/ATL to CUN/MEX/SJD/SJU… and many more
Cost: From 12,000 miles plus taxes/fees starting at $11 round-trip
Book by: July 11, 2018
Dates: September 7-October 15, 2018
Restrictions: Terms note that a Saturday night stay is required, but this restriction isn’t being applied in practice.
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Cancun (CUN) for 12,000 miles + $78 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Los Cabos, Mexico (SJD) for 12,000 miles + $87 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Mexico City (MEX) for 12,000 miles + $103 round-trip:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to San Juan (SJU) for 16,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Cancun (CUN) for 16,000 miles + $84 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to San Juan (SJU) for 16,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Atlanta (ATL) to Cancun (CUN) for 18,000 miles + $78 round-trip:
Although you won’t be able to earn a welcome bonus in the next few days (since the qualification period is the first three months from account opening), consider applying for a Delta credit card the next time the carrier has a sale. Right now, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
If you have a business, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express is offering 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
H/T: The Gate
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.