Southwest deal alert: Nonstop between Houston and Cozumel from $99 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
My fellow Texans, rejoice: Southwest is giving us some extra LUV with the addition of a new nonstop daily route between Houston (HOU) and Cozumel (CZM), Mexico, beginning March 7, 2020.
This new flight gives travelers the option of heading straight to the island of Cozumel without having to fly in to Cancun and then ferry over. The airline already operates a nonstop route between Houston and Cancun (CUN), 55 miles north.
The nonstop routes fall at great times, too: There’s a noon departure time from Houston for people who would like to arrive just in time to check into their hotels, and an early evening departure time for people who want to knock out most of a day’s worth of work before relaxing on the beach. The return routes are great as well: You can leave Cozumel at 9 a.m. to get back to Houston before noon, or spend a little bit more time maximizing your late check-out privileges before departing Cozumel at 2:55 p.m., touching down in Houston by 5:25 p.m.
To celebrate the new route, Southwest is offering low rates from $99 one way, or 3,198 Rapid Rewards points plus taxes and fees from $34.09.
Routes: HOU to CZM
Cost: from $99 one-way, or 3,198 Rapid Rewards points + cash taxes and fees
Dates: September – March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here’s the Southwest low fares calendar for Cozumel returning to Houston in March:
Here are some examples of routes you can book:
Houston to Cozumel nonstop in March for $212.69 round trip:
Houston to Cozumel nonstop in April for $212.69 round trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees