Deal Alert: Save 20% and earn 28% cash back on Tumi products
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
20% off, 28% cash back, and up to 10x miles per dollar — betcha can’t say that three times fast.
Those are the potential savings and earnings you could have when you purchase Tumi luggage through eBags now through Sept. 21. Tumi is known for its high quality bags, but is also notorious for its high price tag, which makes these savings all the more valuable. Editor-at-Large Zach Honig loves his Tumi backpack so much that it’s all he travels with and he travels a lot, which goes to show just how durable and beloved the brand is.
How to get the deal
This will make you eligible for the 28% cash back on Tumi products, but if you’re interested in other luggage on sale you can still get 22% cash back. Both of these offers end on Sept. 22.
If you’re not familiar with this magical tool, be sure to check out our guide on how to maximize airline shopping portals ASAP. This is a great opportunity to utilize airline shopping portals, so you’re not only saving money, but also earning miles while doing so. Here’s an idea of what you could be earning depending on which portal you use:
- 10x miles/dollar with American
- 7x miles/dollar with Southwest
- 7x miles/dollar with Alaska
- 6x miles/dollar with Delta
- 5x miles/dollar with United
- 3x miles/dollar with JetBlue
And no, you can’t double dip across multiple airline shopping portals.
Note that you may run into some issues here with the shopping portal omitting the cashback offer, but I had luck getting both to work. I think the key is having the “button” downloaded for the airline shopping portal.
What to buy
Here are a few of our favorite Tumi products on sale now:
Originally $575, now $460 with a cash back earning of $129. This brings the total to $331. On top of your savings, you could also earn 3,310 AAdvantage miles.
Originally $750, now $600 with a cash back earning of $168. This brings the total to $432. On top of the savings, you could also earn 4,320 AAdvantage miles.
Originally $625, now $500 with a cash back earning of $140. This brings the total to $360. On top of the savings, you could also earn 3,600 AAdvantage miles.
Originally $550 now $440 with a cash back earning of $123. This brings the total to $317. On top of the savings, you could also earn 3,170 AAdvantage miles.
What cards to use
If you’re a bit of a shopaholic or you’re wondering how you can maximize your upcoming holiday shopping, check out our guide on the best credit cards for shopping. Here’s a brief overview of what cards can lead to maximum earnings:
Chase Freedom Unlimited: When you pay with your Freedom Unlimited, you’ll earn 1.5% cash back on your purchases. However, when you pair it with an Ultimate Rewards earning card, like the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, you can transfer that 1.5 as points instead. If you had paid with your CSP, you only would have earned 1x points per dollar, but now you’re earning an extra .5, which can definitely add up.
Citi® Double Cash Card: With the Double Cash card, you could earn up to 2% cash back on your purchases as long as you pay your bill on time (1% when you buy and 1% when you pay).
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card: The Venture card will earn you 2x miles per every dollar spent.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.