Deal Alert: Save 20% and earn 28% cash back on Tumi products
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
20% off, 28% cash back, and up to 10x miles per dollar — betcha can’t say that three times fast.
Those are the potential savings and earnings you could have when you purchase Tumi luggage through eBags now through Sept. 21. Tumi is known for its high quality bags, but is also notorious for its high price tag, which makes these savings all the more valuable. Editor-at-Large Zach Honig loves his Tumi backpack so much that it’s all he travels with and he travels a lot, which goes to show just how durable and beloved the brand is.
How to get the deal
This will make you eligible for the 28% cash back on Tumi products, but if you’re interested in other luggage on sale you can still get 22% cash back. Both of these offers end on Sept. 22.
If you’re not familiar with this magical tool, be sure to check out our guide on how to maximize airline shopping portals ASAP. This is a great opportunity to utilize airline shopping portals, so you’re not only saving money, but also earning miles while doing so. Here’s an idea of what you could be earning depending on which portal you use:
- 10x miles/dollar with American
- 7x miles/dollar with Southwest
- 7x miles/dollar with Alaska
- 6x miles/dollar with Delta
- 5x miles/dollar with United
- 3x miles/dollar with JetBlue
And no, you can’t double dip across multiple airline shopping portals.
Note that you may run into some issues here with the shopping portal omitting the cashback offer, but I had luck getting both to work. I think the key is having the “button” downloaded for the airline shopping portal.
What to buy
Here are a few of our favorite Tumi products on sale now:
Originally $575, now $460 with a cash back earning of $129. This brings the total to $331. On top of your savings, you could also earn 3,310 AAdvantage miles.
Originally $750, now $600 with a cash back earning of $168. This brings the total to $432. On top of the savings, you could also earn 4,320 AAdvantage miles.
Originally $625, now $500 with a cash back earning of $140. This brings the total to $360. On top of the savings, you could also earn 3,600 AAdvantage miles.
Originally $550 now $440 with a cash back earning of $123. This brings the total to $317. On top of the savings, you could also earn 3,170 AAdvantage miles.
What cards to use
If you’re a bit of a shopaholic or you’re wondering how you can maximize your upcoming holiday shopping, check out our guide on the best credit cards for shopping. Here’s a brief overview of what cards can lead to maximum earnings:
Chase Freedom Unlimited: When you pay with your Freedom Unlimited, you’ll earn 1.5% cash back on your purchases. However, when you pair it with an Ultimate Rewards earning card, like the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, you can transfer that 1.5 as points instead. If you had paid with your CSP, you only would have earned 1x points per dollar, but now you’re earning an extra .5, which can definitely add up.
Citi® Double Cash Card: With the Double Cash card, you could earn up to 2% cash back on your purchases as long as you pay your bill on time (1% when you buy and 1% when you pay).
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card: The Venture card will earn you 2x miles per every dollar spent.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees