This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While we’ve seen a slew of great economy SkyMiles deals, premium cabin deals have been a lot rarer. But today, we are seeing an unadvertised flash sale of 70,000 SkyMiles round-trip to Seoul on Delta’s first true premium economy product, Premium Select.
At current TPG valuations, 70,000 SkyMiles are worth $840. Add in taxes and fees starting at $47 and this is equivalent to scoring an $887 round-trip deal for cheap. While you might find Premium Select cash fares to China for that price, we aren’t seeing any cash fares less than $1,900 to Seoul — and the fares on the nonstop routes are running at least $2,100 round-trip right now. That means you’re getting around 3 cents per SkyMile on these redemptions.
If you’re short on miles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into your SkyMiles account at 1:1 ratio.
This is an unpublished flash sale, so it could disappear at any time. Make sure to jump on this quickly.
Routes: ATL/MSP/LGA/ORD/JFK/IAD/TPA (and likely others) and ICN
Cost: 70,000+ SkyMiles round-trip in premium economy
Booking Link: Directly with Delta
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare plus excellent trip-delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $47 round-trip nonstop:
Minneapolis (MSP) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $47 round-trip nonstop:
New York LaGuardia (LGA) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
Chicago (ORD) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
Washington DC Dulles (IAD) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
Tampa (TPA) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases to pay the taxes and fees, such as the Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), American Express® Gold Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account, consider signing up for one of the Delta credit cards to ensure you’re able to take advantage of a deal next time one pops up. For example, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express currently comes with a bonus of 30,000 SkyMiles after you spend $1,000 in the first three months. Plus, a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase within the first three months. Also, this is a great card for defeating basic economy.
H/T: Thrifty Traveler
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees