Deal Alert: Premium Economy Flights to Seoul From 70,000 Miles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
While we’ve seen a slew of great economy SkyMiles deals, premium cabin deals have been a lot rarer. But today, we are seeing an unadvertised flash sale of 70,000 SkyMiles round-trip to Seoul on Delta’s first true premium economy product, Premium Select.
At current TPG valuations, 70,000 SkyMiles are worth $840. Add in taxes and fees starting at $47 and this is equivalent to scoring an $887 round-trip deal for cheap. While you might find Premium Select cash fares to China for that price, we aren’t seeing any cash fares less than $1,900 to Seoul — and the fares on the nonstop routes are running at least $2,100 round-trip right now. That means you’re getting around 3 cents per SkyMile on these redemptions.
If you’re short on miles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into your SkyMiles account at 1:1 ratio.
This is an unpublished flash sale, so it could disappear at any time. Make sure to jump on this quickly.
Routes: ATL/MSP/LGA/ORD/JFK/IAD/TPA (and likely others) and ICN
Cost: 70,000+ SkyMiles round-trip in premium economy
Booking Link: Directly with Delta
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $47 round-trip nonstop:
Minneapolis (MSP) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $47 round-trip nonstop:
New York LaGuardia (LGA) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
Chicago (ORD) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
Washington DC Dulles (IAD) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
Tampa (TPA) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases to pay the taxes and fees, such as the Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), American Express® Gold Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account, consider signing up for one of the Delta credit cards to ensure you’re able to take advantage of a deal next time one pops up. For example, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express currently comes with a bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
H/T: Thrifty Traveler
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.