Deal alert: Fly nonstop to Bali, Tahiti from $461 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been dreaming of the South Pacific, now’s the chance to go, with flights dipping as low as $461 round-trip, direct from San Francisco to Papeete on French Bee.
The best rates on round-trip flights to Bali and Tahiti originate from the West Coast, and availability is decent between March to early May, depending on the routes.
Some of these fares may book into basic economy, which means different things on different airlines, but often means you may not have free use of the overhead bins for a carry-on bag. You probably also won’t be able to select your seat, get an upgrade, or earn PQM/PQS/PQDs. However, it’s possible to avoid the woes of basic economy with elite status or a cobranded credit card.
Not sure what to do in the South Pacific? Here are some of our favorite alternatives to Bora Bora; our best tips for visiting French Polynesia on points and miles on Miles Away, our podcast; and four ways to spend five days in Bali if you have 100,000 Marriott points.
To find a deal, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Here’s what you’ll want to know:
Airline: French Bee, United, Korean Air, Delta, China Airlines (Taiwan carrier)
Routes: LAX/SFO/SEA and more to DPS/PPT
Cost: from $461 round trip
Dates: March — May 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
San Francisco (SFO) to Tahiti (PPT) for $461 round trip direct on French Bee via Kiwi.com:
Read our review of this flight here: French Bee in economy to Tahiti, French Polynesia
San Francisco (SFO) to Tahiti (PPT) for $598 round trip on United and French Bee (separate tickets):
Read our review of this flight here: San Francisco to Tahiti on United 787-8 Dreamliner
Los Angeles (LAX) to Bali (DPS) for $661 on China Airlines (operated by Taiwan, which isn’t under coronavirus watch) via Vayama:
Seattle (SEA) to Bali (DPS) for $680 round trip on Delta:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees