Deal alert: Flights to Florida starting at $26 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re dreaming about a warm getaway to the Sunshine State, you’re in luck. As spotted by Fly4free, American, JetBlue and United are currently offering nonstop flights to Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Miami (MIA) and Orlando (MCO) from cities like Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Newark (EWR) and Philadelphia (PHL) from just $26 one-way. The low fares are available from March through August 2020, including peak travel dates over spring and summer breaks.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
All of the lowest fares book into basic economy, meaning added fees and more restrictions in return for the attractive price. Fortunately, you can combat some of the negative aspects of basic economy by using your airline elite status or a carrier’s co-branded credit card. Also note that a number of airlines are currently offering free changes or cancellations (including for basic economy fares) in light of the global coronavirus outbreak.
There are no tricks to find these fares. To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Then, click through to book directly with the airline or through an online travel agency (OTA) like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: American Airlines, JetBlue United
Routes: BOS/EWR/ORD/PHL to/from FLL/MCO/MIA
Cost: $26+ one-way in basic economy
Travel Dates: March — August 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here’s an example of what you can book:
Chicago (ORD) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $26 one-way on JetBlue basic economy:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $41 one-way on JetBlue basic economy:
Newark (EWR) to Miami (MIA) for $48 one-way on American basic economy:
Newark (EWR) to Orlando (MCO) for $48 one-way on JetBlue basic economy:
Newark (EWR) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $48 one-way on United basic economy:
Boston (BOS) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $61 one-way on JetBlue basic economy:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for airfare purchases to learn more.
Featured image by Art Wager/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees