Deal alert: Flights to Asia from $318 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Flights to Asia have dropped as low as $318 round-trip with widespread availability from various U.S. cities. One of the deals we are really excited to see is this amazing round-trip ticket from Philadelphia (PHL) to Tokyo (NRT) for just $396, as first reported by Scott’s Cheap Flights. That’s not a deal you come across often from the East Coast.
Note that if you are visiting China as a U.S. citizen, you’ll have to get a visa. If you’ve never visited China before, be sure to check out points and miles contributor (and Shanghai resident) Ethan Steinberg’s top 8 tips for visiting the country.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: Air Canada, United
Routes: LAS/DEN/STL/ORD/MCO/PHL to HKG/PEK/CTU/PVG/NRT
Cost: $318 round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: Dec. 2019 – March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here’s an example of what you can book:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Hong Kong (HKG) on Air Canada for $318 round-trip:
Denver (DEN) to Beijing (PEK) on United for $350 round-trip:
St. Louis (STL) to Beijing (PEK) on United for $350 round-trip:
Chicago (ORD) to Chengdu (CTU) on United for $370 round-trip:
Orlando (MCO) to Shanghai (PVG) on Air Canada for $385 round-trip:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Tokyo (NRT) on Air Canada for $396 round-trip:
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for airfare purchases to learn more.
Featured photo courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.