Deal alert: Flights to Asia from $318 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Flights to Asia have dropped as low as $318 round-trip with widespread availability from various U.S. cities. One of the deals we are really excited to see is this amazing round-trip ticket from Philadelphia (PHL) to Tokyo (NRT) for just $396, as first reported by Scott’s Cheap Flights. That’s not a deal you come across often from the East Coast.
Note that if you are visiting China as a U.S. citizen, you’ll have to get a visa. If you’ve never visited China before, be sure to check out points and miles contributor (and Shanghai resident) Ethan Steinberg’s top 8 tips for visiting the country.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: Air Canada, United
Routes: LAS/DEN/STL/ORD/MCO/PHL to HKG/PEK/CTU/PVG/NRT
Cost: $318 round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: Dec. 2019 – March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here’s an example of what you can book:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Hong Kong (HKG) on Air Canada for $318 round-trip:
Denver (DEN) to Beijing (PEK) on United for $350 round-trip:
St. Louis (STL) to Beijing (PEK) on United for $350 round-trip:
Chicago (ORD) to Chengdu (CTU) on United for $370 round-trip:
Orlando (MCO) to Shanghai (PVG) on Air Canada for $385 round-trip:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Tokyo (NRT) on Air Canada for $396 round-trip:
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for airfare purchases to learn more.
Featured photo courtesy of Getty Images.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees