Deal Alert: Domestic Flights Between 21+ Cities From 10,000 Miles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta continues to impress us with one award sale after another. In fact, these Delta award flash sales have made the finals in TPG Award voting for the top airline promotion (vote now for your favorites!)
Today we’re seeing at least 21 US cities with a round-trip flight option starting at just 10,000 SkyMiles round-trip. At current TPG valuations, 10,000 SkyMiles are worth just $120. Add in taxes and fees starting at $11 and this is equivalent to scoring a $131 round-trip deal. But, what’s especially valuable about these awards are that they book into the main cabin, not Delta basic economy. So, you won’t be prevented from selecting a seat, and you won’t have to board last.
The sale ends this Thursday, October 18 — but some routes may still have reduced award pricing beyond this deadline.
If you’re short on miles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into your SkyMiles account at 1:1 ratio.
Routes: Flight between US Cities (ABQ/AUS/BNA/BOS/BUF/BWI/IAD/LAS/LAX/LGA/MCI/MKE/ORD/PHX/PIT/RDU/SAN/SEA/SMF/TPA/TUS and likely more)
Cost: From 10,000 miles plus taxes/fees starting at $11 round-trip
Travel Dates: November 7, 2018 to March 7, 2019
Purchase By: October 18
Restrictions: The terms and conditions note that a Friday night stay is required, but this restriction isn’t being applied in practice.
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Buffalo (BUF) for 10,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Boston (BOS) to Kansas City (MCI) for 10,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Boston (BOS) to Pittsburgh (PIT) for 10,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Austin (AUS) to Boston (BOS) for 11,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Albuquerque (ABQ) for 11,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Sacramento (SMF) for 11,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Seattle (SEA) to Las Vegas (LAS) for 11,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Seattle (SEA) to San Diego (SAN) for 11,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Raleigh/Durham (RDU) to Baltimore (BWI) for 12,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Raleigh/Durham (RDU) to Tampa (TPA) for 12,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Seattle (SEA) to Phoenix (PHX) for 12,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Seattle (SEA) for 13,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Boston (BOS) to Milwaukee (MKE) for 14,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Seattle (SEA) to Chicago (ORD) for 14,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Seattle (SEA) to Washington DC (IAD) for 14,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Nashville (BNA) to New York LaGuardia (LGA) for 15,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases to pay the taxes and fees, such as the Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account, consider signing up for one of the Delta credit cards to ensure you’re able to take advantage of a deal next time one pops up. For example, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express currently comes with a bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
Featured image by Alberto Riva / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.