Deal alert: Big discounts on business-class fares to Europe
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You know you’ve come across a good deal when it’s advertised on two of our favorite sites, Scott’s Cheap Flights Elite membership and Thrifty Traveler Premium, both of which alert subscribers to business- and first-class deals like this one via email.
Just keep in mind this is not for traditional lie-flat business-class seats. It’s more like premium economy, but still a good deal.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Routes: BOS/ORD/DEN/JFK/EWR/MCO/SEA/IAD to AMS/DUB/GLA/HEL/MAN/CDG/KEF/CPH/ARN/BER and others.
Cost: Less than $1,000 round-trip.
How to book: Search flights via Google Flights and then book directly at Icelandair.com.
Dates: January-May 2022.
This wide-reaching deal includes round-trip flights from several major U.S. cities, such as Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Denver (DEN), New York (JFK), Newark (EWR) and Washington, D.C. (IAD), to various cities throughout Europe, including:
- London (LGW), starting at $986.
- Amsterdam (AMS) and Stockholm (ARN), starting at $993.
- Frankfurt (FRA), Germany; Paris (CDG); Helsinki (HEL); and Zurich (ZRH), starting at $994.
- Manchester, England (MAN), and Munich (MUN), starting at $995.
- Dublin (DUB), starting at $996.
- Berlin (BER); Copenhagen, Denmark (CPH); Glasgow, Scotland (GLA); and Oslo, Norway (OSL), starting at $997.
- Reykjavik, Iceland (KEF), starting at $998, nonstop.
Icelandair’s business class is called “Saga Premium,” so be sure to look for that fare type while booking, as illustrated below. For example, you could take the below flight in mid-January from Chicago to Dublin for $996 round-trip.
Related: Masks now required outdoors in Paris
As I mentioned above, Saga Premium is the carrier’s business class, which means one free carry-on and two checked bags, priority check-in, lounge access, meals and alcoholic beverages.
Also, Icelandair is offering free changes on all international flights until further notice due to COVID-19, so rest assured you can book this deal and change your flight at a later date if need be. Just know a fare difference may apply.
That same week, you could take a similarly priced flight departing from New York’s JFK to Copenhagen for $997 round-trip.
Most of the flights in this deal include a layover on both legs.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel on up to $500,000 on purchases per calendar year), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
It’s not every day that we see a deal for business-class fares, which are more than 30% their normal price of around $1,500. Travel restrictions related to COVID-19 are rapidly changing, so be sure to check the latest guidelines for any country you anticipate visiting. Consult our Europe reopening guide here.
Featured photo of Stockholm by K’Nub/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees