Friday’s Daily Getaways deal: Buy Hyatt points at a discount
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information and offers.
We’re wrapping up the annual Daily Getaways promotion from the U.S. Travel Association, which has featured daily deals from major travel brands offering discounts of up to 50% off hotel points, theme park tickets, vacation packages, hotel stays and more, for the past two weeks.
The promotion runs through Aug. 12 or as long as supplies are left, so be sure to head to the Daily Getaways website to purchase any remaining deals, which will be available online for the next two weeks. Some offers have already sold out.
You can review all of the daily offers here.
This sale is much anticipated yearly by those who like to stock up on different types of points or snag a discounted travel offer. Many TPG staffers have successfully shopped this “travel sidewalk sale” over the years. Just remember these promotions are nonrefundable.
Here’s what you need to know about the final sale of the 2022 Daily Getaways promotion.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
July 29: Hyatt points for sale
Saving the best for last, Friday brings us an opportunity to save big on World of Hyatt points, which will be on sale with three buying options:
- Spending $396 for 30,000 World of Hyatt bonus points gets you points at a rate of 1.3 cents per point (two deals available).
- Spending $660 for 50,000 World of Hyatt bonus points gets you points at a rate of 1.3 cents per point (six deals available).
- Spending $960 for 80,000 World of Hyatt bonus points gets you points at a rate of 1.2 cents per point (eight deals available).
This is a good deal for two reasons but may be irrelevant for a third reason.
First, you can buy points through the Daily Getaways deal at a rate significantly less than our current valuation of World of Hyatt points — which is 1.7 cents per point.
Also, this is much lower than Hyatt’s public online promotion which offers the opportunity to buy points at 1.8 cents per point through Aug. 1.
We looked into how you could use this deal for specific properties. For example, if you buy the 30,000 World of Hyatt points, you could stay for two nights at the Andaz Savannah, a hotel that routinely goes for over $275 per night. Additionally, the destination fee of $33 per day would be waived when using World of Hyatt points.
Given the limited packages available per point quantity, however, this is a sale you’ll want to jump on ASAP given the lottery style of limited quantities available.
Check out this guide for more inspiration on some of the best Hyatt properties where you can maximize your points.
How to buy
Just head to the Daily Getaways page to search among the remaining deals. Be sure to act fast if interested, though, because limited quantities remain after the first two weeks.
What credit card should I use for Daily Getaways?
In the past, Daily Getaways purchases have been coded as general travel.
This means you’ll want to use a credit card that has a category bonus for general travel, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar) or Ink Business Preferred Credit Card (3 points per dollar on the first $150,000 in combined purchases each account anniversary, then 1 point per dollar), the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar) or the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card (2 miles per dollar).
Through Aug. 12, you can explore savings — including up to half off hotel stays, theme park tickets and vacation packages — thanks to the return of the Daily Getaways program.
Be sure to jump on any offer you are interested in since there is a limited quantity of each available.
Additional reporting by Kyle Olsen and Bill Fink.
Featured photo by Dominic Dähncke/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees