Booking a cruise soon? Amex Offers has a money-saving deal for one of the industry’s most popular lines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re thinking of booking a cruise soon and are an American Express cardholder, you may be in line for a deal. Many American Express cardholders have reported being targeted for a discount on Royal Caribbean cruises. New from Amex Offers, one version of this deal offers $350 back on a booking of $1,000 or more on a Royal Caribbean cruise.
That’s more than one-third off the booking price, a great discount by any measure.
The offer expires on Dec. 31 and is valid on bookings made at royalcaribbean.com, the Royal Caribbean phone reservation line or through your travel advisor.
The offer excludes transfers to and from the ship, onboard purchases and gift card purchases. It cannot be used to book a Royal Caribbean/Universal Joint Vacation, MGM Joint Vacation, Royal Wedding Packages, or cruises on other Royal Caribbean brands, including Celebrity, Silversea, or TUI.
Sign up for TPG’s daily newsletter to get travel tips and deals like this delivered to your inbox!
Nonetheless, it’s an inspiring incentive to get back out to sea or try cruising for the first time.
Remember that this is a targeted offer, which means you may not see it in your account at all or you may even see a better offer. FrequentMiler, for example, received a more lucrative version of this offer so check your Amex account to see your personalized deal.
If you do see the deal, it’s best to add it right away, as they’ve been known to disappear before the expiration date. Also, remember that only 100 Amex Offers will be visible at a time, so if you’re at capacity, add offers to your card and new one may appear.
If you’re not an American Express cardholder, now may be a good time to apply. The Platinum Card® from American Express is offering a welcome bonus of 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $6,000 on purchases in your first six months of card membership. If you use the Card Match tool, you may also be eligible for a targeted, higher welcome bonus. These offers are subject to change at any time but come with 10x points at restaurants worldwide or by “Shopping Small” on up to $25,000 in combined eligible spending during the first six months you have the card.
If the Platinum Card isn’t for you, read our guide on choosing the best American Express card that suits your style.
Featured photo of Royal Caribbean’s Adventure of the Seas courtesy of the cruise line.
Editor’s note: This is The Points Guy’s permanent page for Amex Offers on cruise line travel. It will be updated as new ones are released.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees