Two days only: Buy one, get one Alaska Airlines Super Bowl fare sale, discounts
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated to reflect the latest offer.
Alaska Airlines is out with a lucrative deal for those looking to book flights in the near-term. If you’re traveling with a companion, you can score a buy one, get one offer for the cost of taxes and fees for flights booked before Feb. 8 by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time. The promotion is part of the airline’s Super Bowl Safety Dance push.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
To get the discount, head to the Alaska Airlines website and use promotion code LETSGO. This promotion is valid for fares bought from Feb. 7 to Feb. 8 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time for travel from Feb. 16 to May 26, 2021.
There’s a bonus for all other flights as well, so be sure to read on. Full details, including eligible flights, can be found here.
Eligible routes and days for the BOGO promotion include:
- Travel to Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Sundays – Wednesdays
- Travel from Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Tuesdays – Fridays
- Travel to/from all other cities is valid Mondays – Thursdays
Alaska also has some bonuses for flights that don’t meet the above criteria:
- 10% off travel on days of week not listed above
- 10% off first-class fares all days of week
- 10% off solo travel all days of week
Should I book travel now?
Keep in mind that all airline passengers over the age of two must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth, with no exceptions. Alaska has also phased out blocked middle seats as of early January.
We are really crossing our fingers that things will start to turn the corner by the spring months, though we all know that there are no guarantees. Fortunately, Alaska no longer charges fees if you need to change or cancel your trip, other than the fare difference between your old ticket and new.
Maximize your purchase
If you choose to take advantage of this offer, make sure to maximize your purchase by using the best credit card for airfare purchases, including The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline, $695 annual fee, see rates and fees), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel).
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Or, if you’re a holder of either the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card or the Alaska Airlines Visa® Business card, you can also earn 3x on eligible purchases with Alaska, making these another great option.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
For the rates and fees of the Amex Platinum card, please click here.
For the rates and fees of the Amex Gold card, please click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees