Two days only: Buy one, get one Alaska Airlines Super Bowl fare sale, discounts
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year). Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated to reflect the latest offer.
Alaska Airlines is out with a lucrative deal for those looking to book flights in the near-term. If you’re traveling with a companion, you can score a buy one, get one offer for the cost of taxes and fees for flights booked before Feb. 8 by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time. The promotion is part of the airline’s Super Bowl Safety Dance push.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
To get the discount, head to the Alaska Airlines website and use promotion code LETSGO. This promotion is valid for fares bought from Feb. 7 to Feb. 8 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time for travel from Feb. 16 to May 26, 2021.
There’s a bonus for all other flights as well, so be sure to read on. Full details, including eligible flights, can be found here.
Eligible routes and days for the BOGO promotion include:
- Travel to Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Sundays – Wednesdays
- Travel from Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Tuesdays – Fridays
- Travel to/from all other cities is valid Mondays – Thursdays
Alaska also has some bonuses for flights that don’t meet the above criteria:
- 10% off travel on days of week not listed above
- 10% off first-class fares all days of week
- 10% off solo travel all days of week
Should I book travel now?
Keep in mind that all airline passengers over the age of two must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth, with no exceptions. Alaska has also phased out blocked middle seats as of early January.
We are really crossing our fingers that things will start to turn the corner by the spring months, though we all know that there are no guarantees. Fortunately, Alaska no longer charges fees if you need to change or cancel your trip, other than the fare difference between your old ticket and new.
Maximize your purchase
If you choose to take advantage of this offer, make sure to maximize your purchase by using the best credit card for airfare purchases, including The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline, $550 annual fee, see rates and fees), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel).
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Or, if you’re a holder of either the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card or the Alaska Airlines Visa® Business credit card, you can also earn 3x on all purchases with Alaska, making these another great option.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
For the rates and fees of the Amex Platinum card, please click here.
For the rates and fees of the Amex Gold card, please click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.