Today only: Huge buy one, get one Alaska Airlines fare sale
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Do you have one of those people on your list you just can’t figure out a holiday gift for? Have you waited until the last moment to try to find the perfect present for mom and dad? Well, you’re in luck, because in celebration of National Ugly Sweater Day, Alaska Airlines is having a massive buy one, get one fare sale.
Today only, Dec. 20, 2019, when you book an eligible Alaska flight, you’ll get another for just the cost of taxes and fees — and tons of routes are included. So you could treat your parents to a trip to Hawaii or take a pal to New York City — with these deals you can’t possibly go wrong.
Alaska is doing some pretty great things for the holidays, including granting early boarding to those wearing ugly sweaters today as well.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
To get the discount, head to the Alaska Airlines website and use promotion code LETSBOGO. This promotion is valid for fares bought on Dec. 20, 2019 from 7 a.m. Pacific Time to 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time, with travel dates from Jan. 7 to Feb. 12, 2020. Full details, including eligible flights, can be found here.
Eligible routes include:
All California to Hawaii
- San Francisco (SFO) to Maui (OGG)/Honolulu (HNL)/Kona (KOA)
- San Jose (SJC) to Maui/Honolulu/Kona/Kauai (LIH)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Maui/Honolulu
Select transcontinental flights from West Coast to New York, Boston and D.C.
- Los Angeles to Boston (BOS)/Baltimore(BWI)
- San Francisco to New York-JFK/Boston
- Seattle (SEA) to New York/Boston/Baltimore
- Portland (PDX) to New York/Boston
All intra-California flights
- Los Angeles to San Francisco
- San Francisco to Orange County (SNA)
- San Jose to San Diego (SAN)
- San Diego to Santa Rosa (STS)
Travel is valid Monday to Wednesday to Hawaii, Tuesday to Thursday from Hawaii and between all other cities Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday. The discount is valid for new tickets only on flights operated by Alaska Airlines, and flights operated on behalf of Alaska Airlines by Horizon Air, SkyWest and PenAir. Codeshare flights are not included.
If you choose to take advantage of this offer, make sure to maximize your purchase by using the best credit card for airfare purchases, including The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline, $550 annual fee, see rates and fees), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel).
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Or, if you’re a holder of either the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card or the Alaska Airlines Visa® Business credit card, you can also earn 3x on all purchases with Alaska, making these another great option.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
For the rates and fees of the Amex Platinum card, please click here.
For the rates and fees of the Amex Gold card, please click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.