Best for elite Delta flyers
The Delta SkyMiles Reserve Amex is an excellent choice for Delta frequent flyers who value Sky Club airport lounge access, or who need an extra boost to hit Delta Medallion elite status. (Partner offer)
At a glance
- 3X Earn 3 Miles on every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta.
- 1.5X After you spend $150,000 on your Card in a calendar year, you earn 1.5 Miles per dollar (that’s an extra half mile per dollar) on eligible purchases the rest of the year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn 70,000 Bonus Miles after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Save 15% On Award Travel With TakeOff 15. Eligible Card Members now enjoy exclusive savings on Delta flights. Not applicable to partner-operated flights or to taxes and fees.
If you fly Delta regularly and are looking to hit a higher level of Medallion elite status, this card can be an invaluable asset in your wallet. Not only do cardmembers enjoy access to the airline’s Sky Clubs when flying Delta, but they can earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after spending $30,000 on purchases, up to four times per calendar year.
- Access to Delta Sky Clubs when flying the airline
- A companion certificate that can be used for a domestic first-class, Delta Comfort+ or main cabin round-trip flight
- Earn Medallion Qualification Miles toward elite status through spending
- Steep $550 annual fee
- Limited earning rates apart from Delta purchases
Who is this card good for?
This card was made especially for frequent Delta flyers since it confers access to Delta Sky Club lounges to the cardholder when flying Delta. Folks with the card can also earn MQMs toward elite status through spending, and even receive an annual companion certificate annually, good for one round-trip domestic itinerary in Main Cabin, Comfort+ or first class (you just pay taxes and fees on the second ticket).
The Delta SkyMiles Reserve Amex earns 3 miles per dollar on Delta purchases made through Delta and 1 mile per dollar on all other eligible purchases. After you spend $150,000 on your card in a calendar year, you earn 1.5 miles per dollar (that’s an extra half mile per dollar) on eligible purchases the rest of the year.