Best business card for casual Delta flyers
If your company is just getting back to travel, a good travel business card is an essential addition to your wallet. If you fly with Delta regularly and want to secure airline benefits, the Delta SkyMiles Gold Business card will get you there with a low annual fee. (Partner offer)
At a glance
- 2X Earn 2 Miles on every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta, on every dollar spent on eligible U.S. purchases for advertising in select media, on every dollar spent on eligible U.S. shipping purchases, on every eligible dollar spent at restaurants.
- 1X Earn 1 Mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
- Welcome Offer: Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles after spending $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Save 15% On Award Travel With TakeOff 15. Eligible Card Members now enjoy exclusive savings on Delta flights. Not applicable to partner-operated flights or to taxes and fees.
The business version of the popular Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card is worth considering in its own right, especially if you travel for work. The Delta SkyMiles Gold Business Amex offers earning rates targeted at business owners (including freelancers and independent contractors), and accrues 2x miles on Delta purchases, U.S. advertising in select media, U.S. shipping and at restaurants. It earns 1x on other eligible purchases. The low annual fee is more than reasonable as cardholders can expect a free checked bag on Delta flights, which more than offsets the cost after just four flights each year. Throw in a 20% discount on inflight food, beverage and headset purchases plus priority boarding, and this card covers all the bases.
- Earns 2x on popular business categories and dining
- Main Cabin 1 priority boarding
- First checked bag free
- 20% discount on in-flight on select purchases(in the form of statement credits)
- no Delta SkyClub lounge access
- Has an annual fee
Who is this card good for?
This card is best for business owners who fly Delta occasionally but not enough to achieve Medallion elite status. You’ll still enjoy comparable perks such as a first free checked bag on every flight, priority boarding, and a 20% discount on in-flight purchases — all without having to fly tens of thousands of miles each year chasing elite status.
Earn 2x on Delta purchases, on U.S. advertising in select media, on U.S. shipping and at restaurants and 1x on other eligible purchases.