Best for earning Delta miles with no annual fee
The base-level Delta SkyMiles Blue American Express Card offers the ability to earn valuable Delta SkyMiles on everyday purchases — and with no annual fee.
At a glance
- 2X Earn 2X Miles per dollar at restaurants worldwide, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S.
- 2X Earn 2X Miles per dollar spent on Delta purchases.
- 1X Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Earn 10,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
- No Annual Fee.
Annual fees can be hard to justify for travelers on a budget, and the Delta SkyMiles Blue American Express Card is a solid option for those who fly with the Atlanta-based carrier a few times per year. This can also be a great starter card as you familiarize yourself with the world of points and miles, as the Delta SkyMiles program can provide immense value for domestic award travel.
- Earn 2x miles on Delta and at restaurants, 1x on all other eligible purchases.
- 20% back, as a statement credit, on inflight purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
- Lacks Delta perks, such as a free checked bag or any statement credits.
- Bonus rewards categories are pretty limited and does not include any other common everyday purchases (besides dining).
Who is this card good for?
If your goal is to earn Delta miles beyond flying with the carrier, the Delta SkyMiles Blue American Express Card is an affordable option as there’s no annual fee. Cardholders will also enjoy other perks such as a 20% inflight discount in statement credit.
You’ll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta and restaurant purchases worldwide as well as takeout and delivery orders within the U.S and 1 mile per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
Frequently asked questions
Is the Delta SkyMiles Blue Amex Card worth it?
Since there’s no ongoing annual fee, you can focus on earning and redeeming miles within the SkyMiles program with this card. If you’re a budget traveler who isn’t concerned with premium perks like priority boarding or a free checked bag, the Delta SkyMiles Blue Amex Card can be a great match for your travel needs.
How long does it take to get the Delta SkyMiles Blue Amex Card?
You should receive your new card in seven to 10 days. You’ll find your new card in a white envelope that has the American Express logo with an Omaha, Neb. return address.