9 of the Most Instagrammable Places in London
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Are you heading to foggy London town? London is full of pop-up adventures and trendy venues — such as the unmistakeable pink hotspot, Sketch, and the always delectable cocktail bar Dandelyan — but timeless London classics are worth a snap too. Grab your phone and hit these great London sights.
1. Neal’s Yard
This alleyway through London’s Covent Garden is a super-saturated, colorful wonderland. With an air of whimsy and magic, this is the perfect place to take some pictures and tuck away into a cozy café with a warm cup of tea. Pop into Neal’s Yard Remedies for a selection of natural, organic health and beauty products, or pick up some artisanal cheeses at Neal’s Yard Dairy. Enjoy the rich community vibe and dedication to eating whole and being well.
2. Leadenhall Market
If Victorian architecture is on your bucket list of sights to see, check out Leadenhall Market. This gorgeous covered market hosts a variety of lovely things to buy and taste, and is also (get ready for it) Harry Potter’s famed Diagon Alley. Though you won’t find the Ollivanders wand shop here, you can find your new favorite pen at Montblanc instead. For all of the right lighting and all of the best angles, take your phone to Leadenhall Market.
3. Westminster Bridge
Already one of the most iconic places to photograph, don’t miss a shot of the Westminster Bridge. With views of Parliament, Big Ben, the London Eye and the Thames, crossing the Westminster Bridge is part of the quintessential London experience. While the color of the bridge may not be the first thing you notice, the bridge was painted green to intentionally match the seats in the House of Commons. Watch the cityscape change as you cross and make sure to snap several photos of this storied bridge.
Across from Parliament is the London Eye, which is clearly a sight to behold in and of itself. Snap a photo of the massive wheel, but then (obviously) bring your phone with you on the ride. The views of London from the Eye are hard to beat because the 135-meter wheel whisks visitors away to heights that tower above the skyline. Upgrade to a private capsule or add a chocolate tasting to your London Eye experience for an unforgettable time.
For a little West End adventure, check out Covent Garden. This is the primary theater and entertainment area of London with food and craft markets, little shops and boutiques, and high-end places to grab a bite before a show. Make sure to find out what’s on during your visit; exhibits, galleries, shows and deals are easily found in Covent Garden. This district is bliss for thespians and spectators alike.
This Anglican cathedral is the seat of the Bishop of London and the host church for the Diocese of London, but it’s also a spectacular site to visit and admire. The church is beautiful from the outside, and stunning from the inside with its numerous murals, decorative dome, galleries and even a crypt. Take your camera and capture the splendor of this iconic London cathedral.
If you need a wee break from the booming metropolis, head to Primrose Hill for a stroll and a picnic. Located on the north end of Regent’s Park, Primrose Hill is both an actual hill as well as a name for the region surrounding it. If you’re up for it, take a trek to the top and enjoy the spectacular view of London — this panorama isn’t something you can see from town.
8. Tower Bridge
For a relic of the industrial boom of the 19th century, check out Tower Bridge. Built between 1886 and 1894, this combination bascule and suspension bridge grants every passerby another iconic view of London. Don’t forget that you can explore inside the bridge as well as simply cross over; if you’re brave enough, you can even cross the glass floor.
If you have a green thumb and a soft spot for botany, Conservatory Archives is the place to explore, rain or shine. This collection of indoor gardening wonders is a happy green reprieve from the grey and gold of London city, and is a lovely place to explore and take photos. If you’re planning to plant roots (heh) in London, you can also hire consultants and purchase plants for your own indoor garden.
Featured photo of Leadenhall Market, one of London’s oldest food markets, since the 14Th century. (Photo by View Pictures/UIG via Getty Images)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees