Drink and Jam at One of Ireland’s Oldest Pubs, The Brazen Head
How would you like to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day (or any day, for that matter) by having a pint of beer at an 800-year-old pub? If that sounds like something you’d enjoy, head straight to one of Ireland’s oldest pubs, the Brazen Head. Located in Dublin and established in 1198, and you can can drink the night away while you rock out to live bands seven nights a week, or even listen to some Irish storytelling.
The most popular music session by far is Sunday afternoon, which goes from 3:30pm to 6:30pm. Bands like Rafferty, Roots’N’Rye, Straight From The Crate and The Brazen Hussies play, and, if you dare, you can even grab a mic and sing along! The pub is known for its fun and happy atmosphere, where patrons are singing, smiling and drinking long into the night.
It’s not just about the Guinness at The Brazen Head, though. The food’s pretty great, too. You can sample popular specialties like hearty Irish stew, fish and chips and steamed mussels.
Getting to Dublin isn’t complicated at all, especially because it’s under a seven-hour flight from East Coast hubs. Ireland’s flag carrier, Aer Lingus, flies nonstop from cities like Boston (BOS), New York (JFK), San Francisco (SFO), Chicago (ORD) and Miami (MIA), among others. The airline also flies between Shannon (SNN) to Boston and New York (JFK). Delta flies nonstop from New York (JFK) and Atlanta (ATL), and United will get you there nonstop from Newark (EWR). American goes from Philadelphia (PHL) and seasonally from Charlotte (CLT). Norwegian flies nonstop from Providence (PVD). Those on a budget can fly WOW Air from a number of different US hubs with a brief layover in Reykjavik (KEF).
Featured photo of The Brazen Head in Merchants Quay in Dublin, Republic of Ireland. (Photo by Sam Mellish / In Pictures via Getty Images)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees