Drink and Jam at One of Ireland’s Oldest Pubs, The Brazen Head
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
How would you like to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day (or any day, for that matter) by having a pint of beer at an 800-year-old pub? If that sounds like something you’d enjoy, head straight to one of Ireland’s oldest pubs, the Brazen Head. Located in Dublin and established in 1198, and you can can drink the night away while you rock out to live bands seven nights a week, or even listen to some Irish storytelling.
The most popular music session by far is Sunday afternoon, which goes from 3:30pm to 6:30pm. Bands like Rafferty, Roots’N’Rye, Straight From The Crate and The Brazen Hussies play, and, if you dare, you can even grab a mic and sing along! The pub is known for its fun and happy atmosphere, where patrons are singing, smiling and drinking long into the night.
It’s not just about the Guinness at The Brazen Head, though. The food’s pretty great, too. You can sample popular specialties like hearty Irish stew, fish and chips and steamed mussels.
Getting to Dublin isn’t complicated at all, especially because it’s under a seven-hour flight from East Coast hubs. Ireland’s flag carrier, Aer Lingus, flies nonstop from cities like Boston (BOS), New York (JFK), San Francisco (SFO), Chicago (ORD) and Miami (MIA), among others. The airline also flies between Shannon (SNN) to Boston and New York (JFK). Delta flies nonstop from New York (JFK) and Atlanta (ATL), and United will get you there nonstop from Newark (EWR). American goes from Philadelphia (PHL) and seasonally from Charlotte (CLT). Norwegian flies nonstop from Providence (PVD). Those on a budget can fly WOW Air from a number of different US hubs with a brief layover in Reykjavik (KEF).
Featured photo of The Brazen Head in Merchants Quay in Dublin, Republic of Ireland. (Photo by Sam Mellish / In Pictures via Getty Images)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.