Boeing Delivers the World’s First 787-10 Dreamliner to Singapore Airlines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Good morning from Charleston, South Carolina — home to Boeing’s 787-10 Dreamliner final assembly plant, and this week’s first stretch-Dreamliner delivery to Singapore Airlines.
It’s been a long journey for the 787-10, Boeing’s largest Dreamliner, which measures 18 feet longer than the 787-9. That added capacity comes at the cost of range — the -10 can travel some 7,400 miles without refueling, compared to almost 8,800 for the 787-9 — but with a seating capacity of 337, this model’s a great fit for Singapore Airlines’ regional operation.
At a special event at Boeing’s South Carolina delivery center on Sunday night, Singapore Airlines took delivery of its very first -10, which launches regular service to Osaka (KIX) in May, following staff familiarization flights to Bangkok (BKK) and Kuala Lumpur (KUL). Not only is Singapore the first carrier to operate the -10, it’s the first airline group to fly all three Dreamliner variants — while you’ll only find Singapore’s livery on the 787-10, its low-cost subsidiary Scoot flies the 787-8 and -9.
TPG and I are joining the aircraft’s delivery flight to Singapore (SIN) this evening. The plane will make the 10,000-mile journey in roughly 20 hours, including a re-fueling stop in Japan.
While we’re expecting there to be Wi-Fi onboard, we aren’t able to share photos from onboard the plane, as content can’t be released until we land at Changi Airport on Wednesday morning (local time). Stay tuned to @thepointsguy’s Instagram and Twitter pages, though, along with TPG’s own Instagram and my Instagram and Twitter for a first look at the airline’s brand-new 1-2-1 regional business-class product as soon as we arrive in Singapore.
Cabin Tour: Singapore Air 787-10 Regional Business Class
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.