Boeing Delivers the World’s First 787-10 Dreamliner to Singapore Airlines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Good morning from Charleston, South Carolina — home to Boeing’s 787-10 Dreamliner final assembly plant, and this week’s first stretch-Dreamliner delivery to Singapore Airlines.
It’s been a long journey for the 787-10, Boeing’s largest Dreamliner, which measures 18 feet longer than the 787-9. That added capacity comes at the cost of range — the -10 can travel some 7,400 miles without refueling, compared to almost 8,800 for the 787-9 — but with a seating capacity of 337, this model’s a great fit for Singapore Airlines’ regional operation.
At a special event at Boeing’s South Carolina delivery center on Sunday night, Singapore Airlines took delivery of its very first -10, which launches regular service to Osaka (KIX) in May, following staff familiarization flights to Bangkok (BKK) and Kuala Lumpur (KUL). Not only is Singapore the first carrier to operate the -10, it’s the first airline group to fly all three Dreamliner variants — while you’ll only find Singapore’s livery on the 787-10, its low-cost subsidiary Scoot flies the 787-8 and -9.
TPG and I are joining the aircraft’s delivery flight to Singapore (SIN) this evening. The plane will make the 10,000-mile journey in roughly 20 hours, including a re-fueling stop in Japan.
While we’re expecting there to be Wi-Fi onboard, we aren’t able to share photos from onboard the plane, as content can’t be released until we land at Changi Airport on Wednesday morning (local time). Stay tuned to @thepointsguy’s Instagram and Twitter pages, though, along with TPG’s own Instagram and my Instagram and Twitter for a first look at the airline’s brand-new 1-2-1 regional business-class product as soon as we arrive in Singapore.
Cabin Tour: Singapore Air 787-10 Regional Business Class
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees