Boeing Delivers the World’s First 787-10 Dreamliner to Singapore Airlines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Good morning from Charleston, South Carolina — home to Boeing’s 787-10 Dreamliner final assembly plant, and this week’s first stretch-Dreamliner delivery to Singapore Airlines.
It’s been a long journey for the 787-10, Boeing’s largest Dreamliner, which measures 18 feet longer than the 787-9. That added capacity comes at the cost of range — the -10 can travel some 7,400 miles without refueling, compared to almost 8,800 for the 787-9 — but with a seating capacity of 337, this model’s a great fit for Singapore Airlines’ regional operation.
At a special event at Boeing’s South Carolina delivery center on Sunday night, Singapore Airlines took delivery of its very first -10, which launches regular service to Osaka (KIX) in May, following staff familiarization flights to Bangkok (BKK) and Kuala Lumpur (KUL). Not only is Singapore the first carrier to operate the -10, it’s the first airline group to fly all three Dreamliner variants — while you’ll only find Singapore’s livery on the 787-10, its low-cost subsidiary Scoot flies the 787-8 and -9.
TPG and I are joining the aircraft’s delivery flight to Singapore (SIN) this evening. The plane will make the 10,000-mile journey in roughly 20 hours, including a re-fueling stop in Japan.
While we’re expecting there to be Wi-Fi onboard, we aren’t able to share photos from onboard the plane, as content can’t be released until we land at Changi Airport on Wednesday morning (local time). Stay tuned to @thepointsguy’s Instagram and Twitter pages, though, along with TPG’s own Instagram and my Instagram and Twitter for a first look at the airline’s brand-new 1-2-1 regional business-class product as soon as we arrive in Singapore.
Cabin Tour: Singapore Air 787-10 Regional Business Class
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees