Woman Surprises Husband With In-Flight Pregnancy Announcement
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
These days, in-flight entertainment can take the shape of something quite different from a movie on your seatback screen. Maybe you’ll see a baby being born mid-flight, or an impromptu wedding officiated by the Pope.
For one Tampa couple, that moment came onboard an American Airlines flight from Tampa to Chicago. When David Rose boarded the flight, he had no idea that his wife was going to surprise him with the announcement that she was pregnant with their second child.
His wife, Audrey, decided to ask the flight crew to help her surprise her husband with the big announcement. Prior to the trip she found out she was pregnant, but wasn’t completely sure until the morning of her departure. While her husband was off getting coffee before boarding, Rose wrote a note to the flight crew. She boarded the flight behind her husband and secretly handed it to a flight attendant.
“I have a big favor to ask,” she wrote. “I just found out that I’m pregnant and I really want to surprise my husband. I was hoping you could announce it before takeoff. His name is David Rose and he is sitting in 28E. If you can give me a quick cue that you are about to announce it, I will get my video camera ready.”
Before takeoff, the captain did exactly what the note asked, and the husband’s reaction was duly caught on video. He was left speechless, to say the least.
Audrey shared the video on Facebook, where it’s garnered more than 26,000 views. The Roses say they are due in May and don’t plan to find out if it’s a boy or girl until the birth, according to ABC Action News.
Featured photo by izusek/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.