Woman Surprises Husband With In-Flight Pregnancy Announcement
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
These days, in-flight entertainment can take the shape of something quite different from a movie on your seatback screen. Maybe you’ll see a baby being born mid-flight, or an impromptu wedding officiated by the Pope.
For one Tampa couple, that moment came onboard an American Airlines flight from Tampa to Chicago. When David Rose boarded the flight, he had no idea that his wife was going to surprise him with the announcement that she was pregnant with their second child.
His wife, Audrey, decided to ask the flight crew to help her surprise her husband with the big announcement. Prior to the trip she found out she was pregnant, but wasn’t completely sure until the morning of her departure. While her husband was off getting coffee before boarding, Rose wrote a note to the flight crew. She boarded the flight behind her husband and secretly handed it to a flight attendant.
“I have a big favor to ask,” she wrote. “I just found out that I’m pregnant and I really want to surprise my husband. I was hoping you could announce it before takeoff. His name is David Rose and he is sitting in 28E. If you can give me a quick cue that you are about to announce it, I will get my video camera ready.”
Before takeoff, the captain did exactly what the note asked, and the husband’s reaction was duly caught on video. He was left speechless, to say the least.
Audrey shared the video on Facebook, where it’s garnered more than 26,000 views. The Roses say they are due in May and don’t plan to find out if it’s a boy or girl until the birth, according to ABC Action News.
Featured photo by izusek/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees