This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
These offers are subject to change at any time.
Every once in a while, we see targeted offers roll around that seem to be more widely targeted than one might think. One perfect example of this comes with the Platinum Card® from American Express, and more specifically its 100,000-point welcome bonus via the CardMatch Tool, which is making a return.
If you’ve never used the CardMatch Tool, now is a great time to check your offers to see if you were targeted for the 100,000-point Amex Platinum bonus.
Note that not every CardMatch user is guaranteed to get the 100,000-point offer. But the offer that we’re seeing requires you to spend $5,000 within the first three months of account opening.
If you’ve never used CardMatch before, the tool itself is pretty straightforward and easy to use. Here’s what to do to see your selected offers and to see if you’re targeted for the increased bonus:
- Go to the CardMatch homepage.
- Enter your first name, last name, home address and last four digits of your social security number.
- If you want to be contacted by CardMatch, enter your email address. Otherwise, uncheck the contact box.
- Click “Get Matches.”
- Check the box to accept the terms & conditions.
- After a 60-second or less search, your pre-approved offers will appear.
The standard public offer on the Amex Platinum currently comes with a welcome bonus of 60,000 points after you spend $5,000 in the first three months. So, this CardMatch offer represents significantly more value in the bonus 40,000 points. More specifically, based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, the 100,000 bonus points are worth $1,900, representing tremendous value.
Aside from the bonus — especially at the 100,000 level — the Amex Platinum is one of the best cards out there for frequent travelers. You’ll earn 5x points on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel. In addition, you’ll earn 5x points on hotels booked through AmexTravel.
Perhaps the biggest benefits of the card come in the form of lounge access and additional travel benefits. With it, you’ll get access to American Express’ network of Centurion Lounges, as well as a Priority Pass membership and access to Delta SkyClubs when traveling with Delta. In addition, you’ll get $200 in Uber rides annually.
Overall, the card is a great option for frequent travelers. And, if you’re targeted for the 100,000-point bonus via the CardMatch Tool, this could be an offer seriously worth considering applying for.
TPG readers have reported seeing increased offers for the Premier Rewards Gold card and Amex Everyday Preferred. The targeted Premier Rewards Gold offer can get you 50,000 points after $1,000 spent within the first three months, which is double the public offer of 25,000 points. For the Amex Everyday Preferred card you can get a 30,000 point welcome offer after $2,000 spent within the first 3 months – again double the public offer of 15,000 points. Be sure to check the tool today to see what offers are available for you.
For rates and fees of the Platinum Card, please click here.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The CardMatch Tool will match you with offers from our participating partners in less than 60 seconds. Check today to see if you are eligible for a better offer on premium cards like The Platinum Card from American Express or Premier Rewards Gold card.
- Find card offers you are more likely to qualify for without impacting your credit score.
- Save time by comparing matched offers from multiple partner banks.
- You may be matched to special offers based on your credit profile.
- See your matched offers in less than 60 seconds.
- Get matched to the card feature that's right for you. Find cards with Low Interest, Cash Back, Balance Transfers, and Travel Rewards.
- Users may not be matched with all offers or banks. Matches are based on a user's credit profile. See the CardMatch Terms and Conditions for more details.