Seoul Incheon’s New Terminal Opens for the Olympics
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
South Korea’s Incheon International Airport (ICN) unveiled its new terminal Thursday, just days before the 2018 Winter Olympics begin on February 9.
The 7.4 million square-foot Terminal 2 is ICN’s first large-scale expansion in 17 years, and includes a number of “smart technology” features such as 62 self-check-in machines and a facial recognition system. Terminal 2 is located on the opposite end of the airport from Terminal 1, with runways in between. Public transportation from both Seoul and its surrounding suburbs make stops at both terminals.
Terminal 2 is a timely addition for South Korea’s largest airport, just three weeks before the 2018 Winter Olympics begin in Pyeongchang, about 100 miles east of ICN. The Winter Olympics will last from February 9-25, 2018, followed by the Winter Paralympics between March 8-18, 2018.
Korea’s largest airline and flag carrier, Korean Air, will relocate its hub to Terminal 2, alongside fellow SkyTeam Alliance carriers Delta Airlines, Air France, and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines. Asiana Airlines and 85 other carriers will maintain stations in Terminal 1. The airport anticipates an estimated 72 million travelers and 5 million tons of cargo will pass through Terminal 2 every year.
H/T: The Korea Herald
Featured photo courtesy of JUNG YEON-JE/AFP/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.