Seoul Incheon’s New Terminal Opens for the Olympics
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
South Korea’s Incheon International Airport (ICN) unveiled its new terminal Thursday, just days before the 2018 Winter Olympics begin on February 9.
The 7.4 million square-foot Terminal 2 is ICN’s first large-scale expansion in 17 years, and includes a number of “smart technology” features such as 62 self-check-in machines and a facial recognition system. Terminal 2 is located on the opposite end of the airport from Terminal 1, with runways in between. Public transportation from both Seoul and its surrounding suburbs make stops at both terminals.
Terminal 2 is a timely addition for South Korea’s largest airport, just three weeks before the 2018 Winter Olympics begin in Pyeongchang, about 100 miles east of ICN. The Winter Olympics will last from February 9-25, 2018, followed by the Winter Paralympics between March 8-18, 2018.
Korea’s largest airline and flag carrier, Korean Air, will relocate its hub to Terminal 2, alongside fellow SkyTeam Alliance carriers Delta Airlines, Air France, and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines. Asiana Airlines and 85 other carriers will maintain stations in Terminal 1. The airport anticipates an estimated 72 million travelers and 5 million tons of cargo will pass through Terminal 2 every year.
H/T: The Korea Herald
Featured photo courtesy of JUNG YEON-JE/AFP/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.