This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
South Korea’s Incheon International Airport (ICN) unveiled its new terminal Thursday, just days before the 2018 Winter Olympics begin on February 9.
The 7.4 million square-foot Terminal 2 is ICN’s first large-scale expansion in 17 years, and includes a number of “smart technology” features such as 62 self-check-in machines and a facial recognition system. Terminal 2 is located on the opposite end of the airport from Terminal 1, with runways in between. Public transportation from both Seoul and its surrounding suburbs make stops at both terminals.
Terminal 2 is a timely addition for South Korea’s largest airport, just three weeks before the 2018 Winter Olympics begin in Pyeongchang, about 100 miles east of ICN. The Winter Olympics will last from February 9-25, 2018, followed by the Winter Paralympics between March 8-18, 2018.
Korea’s largest airline and flag carrier, Korean Air, will relocate its hub to Terminal 2, alongside fellow SkyTeam Alliance carriers Delta Airlines, Air France, and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines. Asiana Airlines and 85 other carriers will maintain stations in Terminal 1. The airport anticipates an estimated 72 million travelers and 5 million tons of cargo will pass through Terminal 2 every year.
H/T: The Korea Herald
Featured photo courtesy of JUNG YEON-JE/AFP/Getty Images
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees