Icelandair Adds Another US Destination, to Begin Baltimore Service
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Icelandair is adding one more destination to its US route network. The Reykjavik-based Icelandair will launch service between Baltimore (BWI) and the capital of Reykjavik (KEF) on May 28, 2018.
The BWI-KEF route will offer 4x weekly service, operated by one of Icelandair’s Boeing 757-200 aircraft. Here’s the operational schedule for the route, operating on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays:
- FI642 Baltimore (BWI) 8:35pm Departure ⇒ Reykjavik (KEF) 6:20am (+1) Arrival
- FI643 Reykjavik (KEF) 3:05pm Departure ⇒ Baltimore (BWI) 7:25pm Arrival
Icelandair’s 757-200 features three cabins: Saga (business class with recliner seats), economy comfort and economy. Check out Brendan Dorsey’s review of the Icelandair experience in economy on a 767-300ER. Seats are available on the inaugural flight from BWI to KEF for $202 one-way. Round-trip flights seem to hover around the $300 mark. While the flights aren’t yet loaded on Google Flights, you can search directly on Icelandair’s website.
This announcement of service to BWI is the latest Icelandair expansion in the US. On Tuesday, the carrier announced it was set to begin offering nonstop service between Kansas City (MCI) and KEF. The route will serve as the first-ever nonstop transatlantic flight from MCI.
Baltimore already has nonstop service to Iceland via low-cost carrier WOW Air. Travelers can expect to pay slightly more for the Icelandair service, however, it’s a full-service carrier as opposed to WOW.
With the addition of Baltimore (BWI) to its route network, Icelandair now services the following 16 US airports: Anchorage (ANC), Baltimore (BWI), Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Cleveland (CLE), Dallas (DFW), Denver (DEN), Kansas City (MCI), Minneapolis (MSP), New York (EWR and JFK), Orlando (MCO), Philadelphia (PHL), Portland (PDX), Seattle (SEA), Tampa Bay (TPA) and Washington, DC (IAD).
Featured image by Wikimedia Commons.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.