Rides Stuck as California’s Disneyland Suffers Power Outage
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Power was restored to the park by 4pm Pacific time, and all Disneyland rides are operational at this time. A park spokesperson has issued a statement: “We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience to all of our guests who were impacted.”
Less than 10 days after Atlanta airport’s power outage, we have another massive loss of power affecting a well-known institution: California’s Disneyland. Multiple visitors took to Twitter on Wednesday morning, local time, to convey how the power outage was affecting multiple rides and attractions:
A short time later, the park confirmed that it was “experiencing a power outage near Toontown and Fantasyland:”
Anaheim’s KABC has been able to confirm with the park that the power outage is affecting “about a dozen” rides, including the Monorail. Guests on those rides “are being escorted off.” A publicly released statement noted:
We’ve determined that the issue is with a Disneyland Resort transformer and our team is currently assessing and working to restore power.
Disneyland has halted admissions at this time, only allowing re-entering guests entry into the park:
Interestingly, the Georgia Bulldogs — from Atlanta-adjacent Athens, Georgia — are scheduled to visit the park later Wednesday afternoon.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.