This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott Rewards announced its first MegaBonus promotion for 2018, allowing you to earn up to 3,000 bonus points per stay. Beginning Monday, you can register for the first promotion of next year to earn bonus Marriott points.
In order to earn the bonus points, you must register for the promotion by March 31, 2018, and stay at any participating Marriott property between January 16 and April 15, 2018. The bonus breaks down as 2,000 points per stay after your second stay, plus an 1,000 bonus points when your stay includes a weekend night.
According to the terms and conditions, there’s a maximum of 50,000 bonus points to be earned during this promotion. Marriott considers a stay to be consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity. A weekend night is defined as a Friday or Saturday night except in the Middle East and Egypt in North Africa, where a weekend night is defined as a Thursday or Friday night.
If you have stays coming up for the first quarter of 2018, be sure to register for this promotion before completing them. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the maximum bonus of 50,000 points is worth $450, which is not a bad return at all. This promotion doesn’t include points you’ll earn for each stay as you normally would, so your points could really add up.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards