This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott Rewards announced its first MegaBonus promotion for 2018, allowing you to earn up to 3,000 bonus points per stay. Beginning Monday, you can register for the first promotion of next year to earn bonus Marriott points.
In order to earn the bonus points, you must register for the promotion by March 31, 2018, and stay at any participating Marriott property between January 16 and April 15, 2018. The bonus breaks down as 2,000 points per stay after your second stay, plus an 1,000 bonus points when your stay includes a weekend night.
According to the terms and conditions, there’s a maximum of 50,000 bonus points to be earned during this promotion. Marriott considers a stay to be consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity. A weekend night is defined as a Friday or Saturday night except in the Middle East and Egypt in North Africa, where a weekend night is defined as a Thursday or Friday night.
If you have stays coming up for the first quarter of 2018, be sure to register for this promotion before completing them. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the maximum bonus of 50,000 points is worth $450, which is not a bad return at all. This promotion doesn’t include points you’ll earn for each stay as you normally would, so your points could really add up.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees