Lyft Is Offering Free Rides to People Affected by SoCal Wildfires
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With the wildfires raging throughout Southern California, residents and tourists alike are trying to escape the flames and find refuge in safer areas. While firefighters battle the blazes, companies are stepping up to help those affected by the disaster, including Lyft, which is offering free rides to wildfire evacuees.
Authorities have had to shut down entire freeways, including Highways 101 and 405, both of which connect many important cities, as flames approached Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR) and LAX. The highways have since been reopened.
Lyft said it its offering free rides up to $40 for wildfire evacuees — taking those affected any evacuation center in the area. Riders need to enter the code: LASAFERIDES in the Lyft app to unlock the discounted trips.
According to KABC, Lyft drivers will take residents to the following evacuation centers:
- Ventura County Fairgrounds
- Nordhoff High School
- Oxnard College Gymnasium
- Santa Paula Community Center
- Fillmore Veterans Memorial
- Santa Barbara Multi Activity Center
- Balboa Recreation Center
- Van Nuys Recreation Center
- Delano Park
- Cheviot Hills Recreation Center
Evacuation centers may be added to the list as the situation evolves.
Featured image by Mark Ralston/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees