Great Deal: Purchase Avianca LifeMiles With a 145% Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Avianca’s LifeMiles program has been getting considerable attention lately, and now the program is running a promotion that let’s you score a pretty great deal on purchased miles. From now through November 27, 2017, you can buy them with a 145% bonus — no matter how many (or few) you buy. With the bonus, you’ll be purchasing the miles at 1.35 cents apiece.
To purchase your LifeMiles with a 145% bonus, head to the LifeMiles website. You can purchase 24,500 LifeMiles (10,000 + 14,500 bonus miles) for a total of $330 — at a rate of 1.35 cents apiece. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, LifeMiles are worth 1.7 cents apiece, so you’re potentially getting some great value out of this bonus promotion.
Note that according to the terms and conditions, you must purchase in increments of 1,000, and there’s a minimum of 1,000 miles. For this promotion, the maximum number of LifeMiles you can purchase is 200,000, which means that you can get a total of 490,000 miles with the bonus. Note that the LifeMiles you purchase don’t count toward elite status.
This is a very nice promotion from LifeMiles to end the year and top off your account. TPG‘s Richard Kerr has written about everything you need to know about the Avianca LifeMiles program — and don’t forget about the program’s hidden gems. In addition, just a few months ago, Avianca introduced a new feature to its award chart: short-haul US awards starting at 7,500 miles one-way. The carrier is a Star Alliance partner, so there are plenty of possibilities here for your miles, including Lufthansa first class.
In November, the Citi ThankYou program added Avianca LifeMiles as a transfer partner. So, if you’ve been looking to redeem for a LifeMiles award, there are now plenty of options to get those miles in your account — between purchasing them with a 145% bonus or transferring them from Citi or SPG. Just remember that if you do indeed want to buy LifeMiles with this 145% bonus, you must do so by November 27.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees