Great Deal: Purchase Avianca LifeMiles With a 145% Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Avianca’s LifeMiles program has been getting considerable attention lately, and now the program is running a promotion that let’s you score a pretty great deal on purchased miles. From now through November 27, 2017, you can buy them with a 145% bonus — no matter how many (or few) you buy. With the bonus, you’ll be purchasing the miles at 1.35 cents apiece.
To purchase your LifeMiles with a 145% bonus, head to the LifeMiles website. You can purchase 24,500 LifeMiles (10,000 + 14,500 bonus miles) for a total of $330 — at a rate of 1.35 cents apiece. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, LifeMiles are worth 1.7 cents apiece, so you’re potentially getting some great value out of this bonus promotion.
Note that according to the terms and conditions, you must purchase in increments of 1,000, and there’s a minimum of 1,000 miles. For this promotion, the maximum number of LifeMiles you can purchase is 200,000, which means that you can get a total of 490,000 miles with the bonus. Note that the LifeMiles you purchase don’t count toward elite status.
This is a very nice promotion from LifeMiles to end the year and top off your account. TPG‘s Richard Kerr has written about everything you need to know about the Avianca LifeMiles program — and don’t forget about the program’s hidden gems. In addition, just a few months ago, Avianca introduced a new feature to its award chart: short-haul US awards starting at 7,500 miles one-way. The carrier is a Star Alliance partner, so there are plenty of possibilities here for your miles, including Lufthansa first class.
In November, the Citi ThankYou program added Avianca LifeMiles as a transfer partner. So, if you’ve been looking to redeem for a LifeMiles award, there are now plenty of options to get those miles in your account — between purchasing them with a 145% bonus or transferring them from Citi or SPG. Just remember that if you do indeed want to buy LifeMiles with this 145% bonus, you must do so by November 27.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees