This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Avianca’s LifeMiles program has been getting considerable attention lately, and now the program is running a promotion that let’s you score a pretty great deal on purchased miles. From now through November 27, 2017, you can buy them with a 145% bonus — no matter how many (or few) you buy. With the bonus, you’ll be purchasing the miles at 1.35 cents apiece.
To purchase your LifeMiles with a 145% bonus, head to the LifeMiles website. You can purchase 24,500 LifeMiles (10,000 + 14,500 bonus miles) for a total of $330 — at a rate of 1.35 cents apiece. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, LifeMiles are worth 1.7 cents apiece, so you’re potentially getting some great value out of this bonus promotion.
Note that according to the terms and conditions, you must purchase in increments of 1,000, and there’s a minimum of 1,000 miles. For this promotion, the maximum number of LifeMiles you can purchase is 200,000, which means that you can get a total of 490,000 miles with the bonus. Note that the LifeMiles you purchase don’t count toward elite status.
This is a very nice promotion from LifeMiles to end the year and top off your account. TPG‘s Richard Kerr has written about everything you need to know about the Avianca LifeMiles program — and don’t forget about the program’s hidden gems. In addition, just a few months ago, Avianca introduced a new feature to its award chart: short-haul US awards starting at 7,500 miles one-way. The carrier is a Star Alliance partner, so there are plenty of possibilities here for your miles, including Lufthansa first class.
In November, the Citi ThankYou program added Avianca LifeMiles as a transfer partner. So, if you’ve been looking to redeem for a LifeMiles award, there are now plenty of options to get those miles in your account — between purchasing them with a 145% bonus or transferring them from Citi or SPG. Just remember that if you do indeed want to buy LifeMiles with this 145% bonus, you must do so by November 27.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards