This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
American Airlines is giving away 1 million miles and more in a new sweepstakes. The airline is offering a grand prize of 500,000 AAdvantage miles plus a $3,000 cruise voucher. Additionally, entrants can win one of five 100,000-mile prizes.
Registering for the sweepstakes is free — you only have to opt-in to receive AA’s weekly cruise deal email. American offers bonus miles if you purchase cruises through its website and you can click here to sign up.
What could 500,000 miles could get you? Well, you could book 20 round-trip transcontinental flights in economy or six round-trip flights from the continental US to Hawaii in business class.
Or you and a friend could fly round-trip to Hong Kong in Cathay Pacific first class and still have 60,000 miles to spare.
Only those living in the US are eligible, and make sure you enter before January 31, 2018. Winners will be notified within 65 days of the sweepstake’s closing.
If you’re still in need of some AA miles after all this, consider signing up for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard which is offering an elevated sign-up bonus of 60,000 miles after spending $3,000 in the first three months of card membership. The card even offers 10% of your redeemed American miles back every year, so if you’re trying to maximize a 100,000 miles sweepstakes win, this would be a great way to do just that.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards