This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
American Airlines is giving away 1 million miles and more in a new sweepstakes. The airline is offering a grand prize of 500,000 AAdvantage miles plus a $3,000 cruise voucher. Additionally, entrants can win one of five 100,000-mile prizes.
Registering for the sweepstakes is free — you only have to opt-in to receive AA’s weekly cruise deal email. American offers bonus miles if you purchase cruises through its website and you can click here to sign up.
What could 500,000 miles could get you? Well, you could book 20 round-trip transcontinental flights in economy or six round-trip flights from the continental US to Hawaii in business class.
Or you and a friend could fly round-trip to Hong Kong in Cathay Pacific first class and still have 60,000 miles to spare.
Only those living in the US are eligible, and make sure you enter before January 31, 2018. Winners will be notified within 65 days of the sweepstake’s closing.
If you’re still in need of some AA miles after all this, consider signing up for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard which is offering an elevated sign-up bonus of 60,000 miles after spending $3,000 in the first three months of card membership. The card even offers 10% of your redeemed American miles back every year, so if you’re trying to maximize a 100,000 miles sweepstakes win, this would be a great way to do just that.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees