American Airlines Is Giving Away 1 Million Miles and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
American Airlines is giving away 1 million miles and more in a new sweepstakes. The airline is offering a grand prize of 500,000 AAdvantage miles plus a $3,000 cruise voucher. Additionally, entrants can win one of five 100,000-mile prizes.
Registering for the sweepstakes is free — you only have to opt-in to receive AA’s weekly cruise deal email. American offers bonus miles if you purchase cruises through its website and you can click here to sign up.
What could 500,000 miles could get you? Well, you could book 20 round-trip transcontinental flights in economy or six round-trip flights from the continental US to Hawaii in business class.
Or you and a friend could fly round-trip to Hong Kong in Cathay Pacific first class and still have 60,000 miles to spare.
Only those living in the US are eligible, and make sure you enter before January 31, 2018. Winners will be notified within 65 days of the sweepstake’s closing.
If you’re still in need of some AA miles after all this, consider signing up for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard which is offering an elevated sign-up bonus of 60,000 miles after spending $3,000 in the first three months of card membership. The card even offers 10% of your redeemed American miles back every year, so if you’re trying to maximize a 100,000 miles sweepstakes win, this would be a great way to do just that. The information for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.