This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
American Airlines is giving away 1 million miles and more in a new sweepstakes. The airline is offering a grand prize of 500,000 AAdvantage miles plus a $3,000 cruise voucher. Additionally, entrants can win one of five 100,000-mile prizes.
Registering for the sweepstakes is free — you only have to opt-in to receive AA’s weekly cruise deal email. American offers bonus miles if you purchase cruises through its website and you can click here to sign up.
What could 500,000 miles could get you? Well, you could book 20 round-trip transcontinental flights in economy or six round-trip flights from the continental US to Hawaii in business class.
Or you and a friend could fly round-trip to Hong Kong in Cathay Pacific first class and still have 60,000 miles to spare.
Only those living in the US are eligible, and make sure you enter before January 31, 2018. Winners will be notified within 65 days of the sweepstake’s closing.
If you’re still in need of some AA miles after all this, consider signing up for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard which is offering an elevated sign-up bonus of 60,000 miles after spending $3,000 in the first three months of card membership. The card even offers 10% of your redeemed American miles back every year, so if you’re trying to maximize a 100,000 miles sweepstakes win, this would be a great way to do just that.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees