7 of Our Favorite Ways Airlines Are Celebrating Halloween
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Things are getting spooky in the skies on All Hallow’s Eve, and airlines are taking notice. OK, so maybe pilots aren’t really on the watch for witches riding on brooms and tower controllers are not actually watching out for zombies on the runways. But airlines are turning to social media to let us know that they’ve got us covered with the spirited jokes. Southwest is even offering free spirits to alleviate our fear of, uh, spirits. Check out the airlines below to see how they’re celebrating ghosts and ghouls.
Someone is telling us to go travel… pic.twitter.com/GSmD4UpSNN
— Delta (@Delta) October 27, 2017
Delta channeling “Stranger Things” and telling us to travel is an automatic win. P.S. Delta, can you bring back Barb from the upside-down?
BRB, booking a flight for one hour away so I can take Southwest up on this offer.
3. JetBlue (AKA JetBoo)
A post shared by JetBlue (@jetblue) on
OK, JetBlue, we hear you. We’re into it. Booking a flight to the West Ghost… I mean, Coast.
A post shared by United (@united) on
Wait, why don’t airplanes wear hats and capes? Starting a petition now for year-round costumes on airplanes.
5. Aer Lingus
If you’re cruising at high altitudes tonight, make sure that your seat belt is correctly fastened 🎃 pic.twitter.com/lnAm48JRRF
— Aer Lingus (@AerLingus) October 31, 2017
Do witches travel as fast as airplanes on overseas flights? Where do I get my broom?
It’s not just a bunch of #HocusPocus, our @casper sleep product is just that ghoul-d. . . . . . #Casper #AmericanAir #AmericanAirlines #HappyHalloween #Halloween #PutASpellOnYou #SweetDreams #BedTime #GoodNight #GoodMorning #Avgeek #Aviation #InstaAviation #Snooze #Sleeping
A post shared by American Airlines (@americanair) on
The Sanderson sisters could only be so lucky if they could find a Casper Mattress after sleeping for 300 years.
— Royal Dutch Airlines (@KLM) October 31, 2017
It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s a spooky Jack-o’-lantern in the sky!
Feature image by Visual China Group / Getty Images
Images courtesy of Twitter and Instagram.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.