7 of Our Favorite Ways Airlines Are Celebrating Halloween
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Things are getting spooky in the skies on All Hallow’s Eve, and airlines are taking notice. OK, so maybe pilots aren’t really on the watch for witches riding on brooms and tower controllers are not actually watching out for zombies on the runways. But airlines are turning to social media to let us know that they’ve got us covered with the spirited jokes. Southwest is even offering free spirits to alleviate our fear of, uh, spirits. Check out the airlines below to see how they’re celebrating ghosts and ghouls.
Someone is telling us to go travel… pic.twitter.com/GSmD4UpSNN
— Delta (@Delta) October 27, 2017
Delta channeling “Stranger Things” and telling us to travel is an automatic win. P.S. Delta, can you bring back Barb from the upside-down?
BRB, booking a flight for one hour away so I can take Southwest up on this offer.
3. JetBlue (AKA JetBoo)
A post shared by JetBlue (@jetblue) on
OK, JetBlue, we hear you. We’re into it. Booking a flight to the West Ghost… I mean, Coast.
A post shared by United (@united) on
Wait, why don’t airplanes wear hats and capes? Starting a petition now for year-round costumes on airplanes.
5. Aer Lingus
If you’re cruising at high altitudes tonight, make sure that your seat belt is correctly fastened ? pic.twitter.com/lnAm48JRRF
— Aer Lingus (@AerLingus) October 31, 2017
Do witches travel as fast as airplanes on overseas flights? Where do I get my broom?
It’s not just a bunch of #HocusPocus, our @casper sleep product is just that ghoul-d. . . . . . #Casper #AmericanAir #AmericanAirlines #HappyHalloween #Halloween #PutASpellOnYou #SweetDreams #BedTime #GoodNight #GoodMorning #Avgeek #Aviation #InstaAviation #Snooze #Sleeping
A post shared by American Airlines (@americanair) on
The Sanderson sisters could only be so lucky if they could find a Casper Mattress after sleeping for 300 years.
— Royal Dutch Airlines (@KLM) October 31, 2017
It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s a spooky Jack-o’-lantern in the sky!
Feature image by Visual China Group / Getty Images
Images courtesy of Twitter and Instagram.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees