A Goat Walks Into a Hotel…No, Really! (Video)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Who says animals don’t need a vacation, too? One goat in Massachusetts sure did, breaking free from his farm home and trotting around town last weekend before making an appearance at a La Quinta hotel Monday morning, where he presumably headed for some much-needed R&R.
It turns out goat No. 448 — as he’s called by his owner, Peter Blash, a local pig farmer — escaped the farm by jumping over the five-foot tall fence and embarked on a five-mile journey from Millbury to Auburn. He evaded capture all weekend until he eventually wandered into the La Quinta hotel around 4:30am on Monday, where the police were able to wrangle and return him to his rightful home. While the goat didn’t have time to follow the hotel chain on social media before he left, thereby missing his chance to get 500 La Quinta points, you can still check out part of his adventure in the video, below.
H/T: The Kansas City Star
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.