TAP Portugal Debuts Livery Promoting Its Stopover Program
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TAP Portugal is commemorating the first anniversary of its popular Portugal Stopover program with an A330-300 aircraft sporting a special livery. And, it’s making an improvement to the program by offering travelers the option of a longer stay.
The livery features elements that are commonly associated with the country — from the bright, shining sun to surfing in its coastal cities of Lisbon and Porto. If you’re hoping to see this unique plane on your next trip, the carrier plans to begin flying the A330 between Portugal and North America in the coming weeks.
The carrier’s Portugal Stopover program, while just being around for one year, has been used by almost 70,000 passengers. The program gives travelers the opportunity to stop in one of the country’s largest cities — Lisbon or Porto — while en route to their final destination. Since the program first launched in July 2016, passengers have been able to extend their trip for up to three days for no additional cost in airfare.
Beginning September 2017, however, TAP Portugal is extending that window to a maximum of five days at no additional airfare cost. Also in September, the carrier will allow passengers to create a multi-destination trip that qualifies for the stopover program. Meaning, you can originate in Barcelona, stop in Lisbon and continue on to your final destination. And then on the return, you could originate in Seville, stop in Porto and continue on to your final destination. In addition, stopovers are now available for one-way travel to Europe or Africa, whereas the program used to be available only for round-trip travel.
TAP Portugal offers exclusive hotel pricing for Portugal Stopover customers. In addition, you’ll be able to take advantage of exclusive offers with the carrier’s partners in order to get a free bottle of Portuguese wine in restaurants and complimentary experiences, such as museum visits.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees