TAP Portugal Debuts Livery Promoting Its Stopover Program
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TAP Portugal is commemorating the first anniversary of its popular Portugal Stopover program with an A330-300 aircraft sporting a special livery. And, it’s making an improvement to the program by offering travelers the option of a longer stay.
The livery features elements that are commonly associated with the country — from the bright, shining sun to surfing in its coastal cities of Lisbon and Porto. If you’re hoping to see this unique plane on your next trip, the carrier plans to begin flying the A330 between Portugal and North America in the coming weeks.
The carrier’s Portugal Stopover program, while just being around for one year, has been used by almost 70,000 passengers. The program gives travelers the opportunity to stop in one of the country’s largest cities — Lisbon or Porto — while en route to their final destination. Since the program first launched in July 2016, passengers have been able to extend their trip for up to three days for no additional cost in airfare.
Beginning September 2017, however, TAP Portugal is extending that window to a maximum of five days at no additional airfare cost. Also in September, the carrier will allow passengers to create a multi-destination trip that qualifies for the stopover program. Meaning, you can originate in Barcelona, stop in Lisbon and continue on to your final destination. And then on the return, you could originate in Seville, stop in Porto and continue on to your final destination. In addition, stopovers are now available for one-way travel to Europe or Africa, whereas the program used to be available only for round-trip travel.
TAP Portugal offers exclusive hotel pricing for Portugal Stopover customers. In addition, you’ll be able to take advantage of exclusive offers with the carrier’s partners in order to get a free bottle of Portuguese wine in restaurants and complimentary experiences, such as museum visits.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.