This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TAP Portugal is commemorating the first anniversary of its popular Portugal Stopover program with an A330-300 aircraft sporting a special livery. And, it’s making an improvement to the program by offering travelers the option of a longer stay.
The livery features elements that are commonly associated with the country — from the bright, shining sun to surfing in its coastal cities of Lisbon and Porto. If you’re hoping to see this unique plane on your next trip, the carrier plans to begin flying the A330 between Portugal and North America in the coming weeks.
The carrier’s Portugal Stopover program, while just being around for one year, has been used by almost 70,000 passengers. The program gives travelers the opportunity to stop in one of the country’s largest cities — Lisbon or Porto — while en route to their final destination. Since the program first launched in July 2016, passengers have been able to extend their trip for up to three days for no additional cost in airfare.
Beginning September 2017, however, TAP Portugal is extending that window to a maximum of five days at no additional airfare cost. Also in September, the carrier will allow passengers to create a multi-destination trip that qualifies for the stopover program. Meaning, you can originate in Barcelona, stop in Lisbon and continue on to your final destination. And then on the return, you could originate in Seville, stop in Porto and continue on to your final destination. In addition, stopovers are now available for one-way travel to Europe or Africa, whereas the program used to be available only for round-trip travel.
TAP Portugal offers exclusive hotel pricing for Portugal Stopover customers. In addition, you’ll be able to take advantage of exclusive offers with the carrier’s partners in order to get a free bottle of Portuguese wine in restaurants and complimentary experiences, such as museum visits.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees