This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TAP Portugal is commemorating the first anniversary of its popular Portugal Stopover program with an A330-300 aircraft sporting a special livery. And, it’s making an improvement to the program by offering travelers the option of a longer stay.
The livery features elements that are commonly associated with the country — from the bright, shining sun to surfing in its coastal cities of Lisbon and Porto. If you’re hoping to see this unique plane on your next trip, the carrier plans to begin flying the A330 between Portugal and North America in the coming weeks.
The carrier’s Portugal Stopover program, while just being around for one year, has been used by almost 70,000 passengers. The program gives travelers the opportunity to stop in one of the country’s largest cities — Lisbon or Porto — while en route to their final destination. Since the program first launched in July 2016, passengers have been able to extend their trip for up to three days for no additional cost in airfare.
Beginning September 2017, however, TAP Portugal is extending that window to a maximum of five days at no additional airfare cost. Also in September, the carrier will allow passengers to create a multi-destination trip that qualifies for the stopover program. Meaning, you can originate in Barcelona, stop in Lisbon and continue on to your final destination. And then on the return, you could originate in Seville, stop in Porto and continue on to your final destination. In addition, stopovers are now available for one-way travel to Europe or Africa, whereas the program used to be available only for round-trip travel.
TAP Portugal offers exclusive hotel pricing for Portugal Stopover customers. In addition, you’ll be able to take advantage of exclusive offers with the carrier’s partners in order to get a free bottle of Portuguese wine in restaurants and complimentary experiences, such as museum visits.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards