This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From a rooftop swimming pool to a movie theater and butterfly garden, Singapore’s Changi Airport is known for its unrivaled amenities — and some exceptionally appealing Priority Pass lounges. But assuming the world’s latest airport pool opens as planned in December 2017, at least one overseas feature will be giving its Changi counterpart a run for its money.
According to Travel + Leisure, Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ) is in the process of adding a new lounge with a unique feature: a swimming pool overlooking airport operations. Based on a rendering shared by the airport management group, the pool will be mere feet away from airliners bringing tourists to this Dominican Republic hotspot.
When it opens later this year, the pool-equipped lounge will be the third available at PUJ airport, joining two Priority Pass lounges — one in Terminal A and a second in Terminal B. It’s not yet clear whether or not this third lounge will participate in Priority Pass, or if day passes will be available for non-cardholders, but we’ve reached out to the airport for more details.
For more on the Priority Pass program, see:
- Everything You Need To Know About the Priority Pass Program
- 10 of the Best Priority Pass Lounges Around the World
- Get Airport Lounge Access with These 7 Cards
How much would you pay to swim with airport views?
Featured image courtesy of Punta Cana International Airport.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees