This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From a rooftop swimming pool to a movie theater and butterfly garden, Singapore’s Changi Airport is known for its unrivaled amenities — and some exceptionally appealing Priority Pass lounges. But assuming the world’s latest airport pool opens as planned in December 2017, at least one overseas feature will be giving its Changi counterpart a run for its money.
According to Travel + Leisure, Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ) is in the process of adding a new lounge with a unique feature: a swimming pool overlooking airport operations. Based on a rendering shared by the airport management group, the pool will be mere feet away from airliners bringing tourists to this Dominican Republic hotspot.
When it opens later this year, the pool-equipped lounge will be the third available at PUJ airport, joining two Priority Pass lounges — one in Terminal A and a second in Terminal B. It’s not yet clear whether or not this third lounge will participate in Priority Pass, or if day passes will be available for non-cardholders, but we’ve reached out to the airport for more details.
For more on the Priority Pass program, see:
- Everything You Need To Know About the Priority Pass Program
- 10 of the Best Priority Pass Lounges Around the World
- Get Airport Lounge Access with These 7 Cards
How much would you pay to swim with airport views?
Featured image courtesy of Punta Cana International Airport.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards