Earn up to 11 American Miles per Dollar Spent With Apple Today Only
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For today only, you can earn up to 11 AAdvantage miles per dollar spent at Apple if you stack two concurrent offers. First, you must make a purchase through the portal to earn the elevated offer of 7 miles per dollar spent for today only, then you can stack it with a back-to-school promotion.
Through the rest of the day, you’ll earn 7 miles per dollar spent through the AAdvantage portal on eligible Apple products. The terms and conditions state that AirPods are not eligible for the elevated mileage earning, and newly released products also may not be eligible for the bonus. Other exclusions include gift cards, gift wrap, One to One Membership, Bose products and shipping. If you do take advantage, you’ll only get the bonus miles for up to five units for each eligible product except for iPhones, for which you can only get two.
Then, depending on how much you spend, you’ll also earn additional AAdvantage miles through AA’s back-to-school promotion. Through tomorrow, you’ll earn 500 bonus miles for spending $150, 1,000 bonus miles for spending $300 or 2,000 bonus miles for spending $500. So, if you make a purchase that totals or exceeds $500, you’ll be eligible to earn the 2,000 bonus miles. Keep in mind that the total number of bonus miles you’ll earn is calculated based on your combined total in purchases. So, you can spend some with Apple and some with other retailers in order to hit that $500 minimum.
Say, for example, you purchase an Apple Watch for $269 and an iPhone 7 Plus for $969, you’d spend a total of $1,238. With the elevated 7 miles per dollar spent, you’d get 8,666 AA miles, which are worth $121 based on TPG’s most recent valuations. Then, add in the 2,000 bonus miles you’d get for spending more than $500 and you’d walk away with 10,666 miles — worth $149. If you’re able to combine the two offers, you’d walk away with a maximum of 11 miles per dollar spent, a pretty great deal.
If you’ve been considering making an Apple purchase, now could be a great time to do so, allowing you to walk away with a good chunk of AA miles. Usually, the AAdvantage store offers 1 mile per dollar spent with Apple, so this is a very generous increase. Shopping portals are a great way to earn bonus miles without even having to step foot on a plane. With these extra miles, you can put yourself well on your way to your next redemption, all for making purchases you’ll probably make anyway. And remember to act fast, as this elevated offer is for today only.
Featured image courtesy of Chesnot via Getty Images.
H/T: Frequent Miler
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees