Earn up to 2,000 Bonus American Miles With AAdvantage Shopping
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s back-to-school shopping season, and for supplies that need to be purchased, airlines are offering bonus miles if you use their shopping portals. We told you last week about United’s offer of up to 3,000 bonus miles, and now American Airlines is offering bonus miles for shopping as well.
Between today and August 18, 2017, you can earn up to 2,000 bonus AA miles on your purchases when you use the AAdvantage eShopping portal. Exactly how much you’ll earn depends on how much you spend.
Here’s how the tiers break down for this promotion:
- Get 500 bonus miles after spending $150
- Get 1,000 bonus miles after spending $300
- Get 2,000 bonus miles after spending $500
These bonus miles are in addition to those that you’d earn for each dollar spent through the shopping portal. In addition, the total number of bonus miles you’ll earn is calculated based on your combined total in purchases. Meaning if you make four separate purchases of $125 before August 18, you’d get the maximum 2,000 bonus miles for $500 in total purchases.
Shopping portals are a great way to earn bonus miles for your favorite airline without even having to step foot on a plane. With these extra miles, you can put yourself well on your way to your next redemption, all for making purchases you’ll probably make anyway. So don’t forget to click through a shopping portal before your next visit to an online retailer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.