This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From thousands of bonus points to significant cash back, we’ve seen some pretty fantastic Amex Offers recently, giving cardholders an opportunity to squeeze even more value out of their premium (and, in some cases, even no-fee) credit cards.
The latest such offer covers Ritz-Carltons in the US — from today through December 11, 2017, you can score a $100 cash-back credit when you spend $500 or more at select hotels.
While the offer appears to be available to a large number of customers, I only found it listed on my Platinum Card from American Express and Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express accounts. My co-branded Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express wasn’t targeted, so unfortunately I won’t be able to earn bonus Starpoints with this promo.
Also note that enrollment is limited (as with most Amex Offers), so if there’s a chance you’ll be able to take advantage, you might as click “Add to Card” to sign up. Officially, credits will only be issued for stays booked online at ritzcarlton.com, via the Ritz-Carlton App or by calling 1-800-542-8680. You won’t earn a credit for Ritz-Carlton Luxury Vacation Packages, Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Ritz-Carlton Residences, Ritz-Carlton Destination Club properties and timeshare purchases.
Expect your credit to post within 90 days of December 11, 2017 — though you’ll probably see it on your statement far sooner than that.
Featured image of the Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel.
H/T: Frequent Miler
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees