This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: The Platinum Card® from American Express, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
From thousands of bonus points to significant cash back, we’ve seen some pretty fantastic Amex Offers recently, giving cardholders an opportunity to squeeze even more value out of their premium (and, in some cases, even no-fee) credit cards.
The latest such offer covers Ritz-Carltons in the US — from today through December 11, 2017, you can score a $100 cash-back credit when you spend $500 or more at select hotels.
While the offer appears to be available to a large number of customers, I only found it listed on my Platinum Card from American Express and Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express accounts. My co-branded Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express wasn’t targeted, so unfortunately I won’t be able to earn bonus Starpoints with this promo.
Also note that enrollment is limited (as with most Amex Offers), so if there’s a chance you’ll be able to take advantage, you might as click “Add to Card” to sign up. Officially, credits will only be issued for stays booked online at ritzcarlton.com, via the Ritz-Carlton App or by calling 1-800-542-8680. You won’t earn a credit for Ritz-Carlton Luxury Vacation Packages, Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Ritz-Carlton Residences, Ritz-Carlton Destination Club properties and timeshare purchases.
Expect your credit to post within 90 days of December 11, 2017 — though you’ll probably see it on your statement far sooner than that.
Featured image of the Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel.
H/T: Frequent Miler
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards