This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: The Platinum Card® from American Express, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
From thousands of bonus points to significant cash back, we’ve seen some pretty fantastic Amex Offers recently, giving cardholders an opportunity to squeeze even more value out of their premium (and, in some cases, even no-fee) credit cards.
The latest such offer covers Ritz-Carltons in the US — from today through December 11, 2017, you can score a $100 cash-back credit when you spend $500 or more at select hotels.
While the offer appears to be available to a large number of customers, I only found it listed on my Platinum Card from American Express and Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express accounts. My co-branded Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express wasn’t targeted, so unfortunately I won’t be able to earn bonus Starpoints with this promo.
Also note that enrollment is limited (as with most Amex Offers), so if there’s a chance you’ll be able to take advantage, you might as click “Add to Card” to sign up. Officially, credits will only be issued for stays booked online at ritzcarlton.com, via the Ritz-Carlton App or by calling 1-800-542-8680. You won’t earn a credit for Ritz-Carlton Luxury Vacation Packages, Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Ritz-Carlton Residences, Ritz-Carlton Destination Club properties and timeshare purchases.
Expect your credit to post within 90 days of December 11, 2017 — though you’ll probably see it on your statement far sooner than that.
Featured image of the Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel.
H/T: Frequent Miler
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees