This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: The Platinum Card® from American Express
Amex Offers are opt-in, limited-time deals for American Express cardholders, like 10,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $500 with AmexTravel.com, $30 back for spending $150+ with Marriott and more.
Today, a valuable new Amex Offer just posted to certain American Express credit card accounts: $160 cash back when you spend at least $800 with Delta by October 7:
$800 would be a lot to spend on one trip, but the good news is that you don’t have to! The terms require you to spend “a minimum of $800+ in one or more transactions.” And, more than just flight purchases count toward that spending goal. The following add-on fees specifically qualify: upgrade fees, seat selection fees, baggage fees and even Sky Club memberships — as long as “Delta Air Lines is the merchant of record.”
If you register for the offer today, you have two months to meet this spending requirement. And, you don’t even have to fly by October 7 — you just need to make the purchase(s) by then.
There are some important restrictions to keep in mind. First, you’re going to have to book directly with Delta through the airline’s website, app or over the phone for your flight purchases to count toward the spending requirement. Also, flights must originate in the US and have to be transacted in US dollars. In-person (at the airport) and on-board purchases are excluded. Delta Shuttle and Delta Vacation packages will only qualify if purchased through delta.com.
The good news is that you’ll still earn 5x Membership Rewards points for these flights if you have this offer on your Platinum Card from American Express, as the purchase will be made directly with the airline.
Remember that Amex Offers are targeted, so not every American Express card will be included in this promotion. In order to see if you’ve been targeted — and to enroll in the offer — log in to your AmericanExpress.com account. Scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer. If you have multiple cards linked under the same username/password, note that there’s a limit of one registration per Amex Offer per username/password. So, choose wisely if you have multiple targeted cards.
Were you targeted for this offer?
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards