Iran Air Appoints First Female CEO in its History
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The new CEO, Farzaneh Sharafbafi, previously led Iran Air’s research and development wing as a member of the company board, state-owned Iranian broadcasting network Press TV reported. According to the Tehran Times, she was also the first woman in Iran to earn a PhD in aerospace, and will replace outgoing CEO Farhad Parvaresh, who is stepping down to represent Iran at the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in Montreal.
Sharafbafi, 44, will oversee a fleet-wide update for Iran’s national flag carrier, whose aging fleet has an average age of over 20 years, according to data collected by Planespotters.net. Iran Air moved to replace its aircraft earlier this year when it agreed to buy 80 commercial airliners from Boeing and more than 100 from Airbus.
H/T: The Independent
Featured image from Twitter.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee