Disney Is Building An Immersive Luxury Star Wars Hotel
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Disney has always been known as the world’s leading storyteller; it upended the animation industry with the release of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in 1937, then reinvented the
theme park concept by launching Disneyland in 1955. Now, it wants to revolutionize your stay — by building an immersive luxury Star Wars Hotel at Walt Disney World.
The hotel concept is like a mashup of Westworld and Star Wars — except in real life. While all the details haven’t been released yet, it’s clear that this isn’t going to be just another place to rest after a long day in the parks. The basic premise is simple: Each guest becomes a character in the Star Wars universe and the starship (a.k.a. the hotel) will include Disney cast members who will be in costume and in character. Since it’s meant to resemble a spaceship, the hotel windows will only show the expansiveness of outer space, according to Disney’s blog.
“We are working on our most experiential concept ever,” said Bob Chapek, Disney’s chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts at its D23 Expo. “It combines a luxury resort with immersion in an authentic environment.”
Meaning, rather than wearing stereotypical tourist attire — like Hawaiian shirts and cargo shorts — you’d be wearing actual Star Wars costumes, and instead of a traditional hotel employee, your concierge might be dressed as a droid — or even a Jedi.
Immersive environments that give guests the feeling of visiting other worlds seems to be on Disney’s agenda as it heads into the next decade. It also announced Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, a brand-new themed land set to open in 2019 at the Disneyland Resort in California, and later on at Walt Disney World — the perfect place to visit while staying at the starship-themed hotel. Currently, there’s no opening date but it’s smart to start saving up now since the experience probably won’t be cheap; an April survey floating the idea suggested a cost of around $1,000 per guest for a two-night stay.
Are you planning on visiting a Disney park anytime soon? Let us know in the comments, below.
Featured Image courtesy of Chestnot via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees