This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For many families, nothing can compare to a summer trip into Disney’s Magic Kingdom. Now Disney’s making those pricey aspirations a little cheaper with a limited-time “4-Park Magic Ticket” package. First reported by Orlando’s NBC affiliate, the package is priced at $316 for adults and $296 (plus tax) for children ages three to nine, and it grants holders access to four parks on four separate days. That breaks down to a daily ticket rate of $79 and $74, respectively — well below Disney’s normal $115 entrance fee.
The package deal is on sale until July 30, 2017 and is valid through September 30, 2017. The four tickets must be used within 14 days of first admission or they will expire.
The move may be Disney’s way to fight back against reports of falling global attendance in 2016, an odd trend for the premier theme parks. Last year was so bad that even legendary Magic Kingdom, the most visited theme park in the entire world, felt a decline. Analysts said that the fall was due in large part to Disney’s 20% price spike, a move that the entertainment giant made to limit overcrowding in its parks. Perhaps the strategy was a little too effective.
If you do decide to jump on the 4-Park Magic Ticket deal, maximize your savings with some good old TPG pointers, including this how-to guide from 2015. Some of the credit card and hotel deals mentioned in the post may no longer be valid, but you’ll still catch come cash-saving knowledge from the post.
Featured image of Cinderella’s castle courtesy of Brazil Photo Press via Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards