This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card
Effective immediately, the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card is offering an increased sign-up bonus of 80,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first three months. The increased offer is a 20,000-point jump over the previous offer of 60,000 IHG points after the same amount of spend. There’s no indication of how long this offer will last.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, those 80,000 IHG points are worth $560, but you can get even more from signing up. When you add an authorized user to your account and they make a purchase within the same three-month period, you’ll get 5,000 additional points, which increases the value to $595.
Other than the increased sign-up bonus, other perks of the card will remain the same. You’ll continue to earn 5x points at IHG properties, 2x points at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants and 1x points on everything else. You’ll also continue to get one of the nicest benefits from the card, which is the free night at more than 5,000 properties around the world after each account anniversary. In addition, you’ll get Platinum Elite status (worth $880, according to TPG) as long as you’re a cardholder, a 10% point rebate on redemptions and no foreign transaction fees. The card comes with a $49 annual fee, but it’s waived for the first year.
This offer is certainly worth jumping at if you’ve been considering applying for the IHG Card. Some TPG readers have also reported a targeted offer of 100,000 points after $2,000 in spend in the first three months. If you’re not targeted, there have been reports that Chase is matching that offer for new applicants, so it could be worth contacting the issuer to see if you’re eligible. Between the increased bonus and the perks that come along with it (especially the annual free night), this card is one of the better hotel credit cards out there.
Featured image courtesy of InterContinental Hanoi Westlake.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards