Delta’s Airbus A350 Makes Its First Appearance
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airbus is making steady progress with Delta’s first A350 — the twin-engine jet rolled out of the Airbus paint shop in Toulouse, France on Tuesday spotting the carrier’s signature blue and red livery.
— Airways Magazine (@airwaysmagazine) June 13, 2017
Ship 3501, as it’s identified on the assembly line, first took to the skies three weeks ago, kicking off two months of rigorous flight testing, painting and cabin installation as the airline counts down to a mid-summer delivery. This comes after the aircraft entered the final assembly line back in January this year.
While the A350 isn’t foreign to US airports, Delta will be the first US airline to operate the aircraft. The airline plans to operate this soon-to-be flagship international aircraft on transpacific routes from its hub in Detroit (DTW) as it retires the last of its Boeing 747 workhorses in the fourth quarter of this year.
You got it! The flights will originate out of DTW! How exciting! *CKH
— Delta (@Delta) June 14, 2017
The wide-body jet will debut Delta’s latest Delta One suites that will feature, among other things, a full-height door at every suite, sliding privacy dividers between center suites, in-suite customizable ambient lighting, an 18-inch, high resolution IFE screen and a universal power outlet and USB port at every seat.
In total, the aircraft will seat 306 passengers — 32 in the Delta One cabin, 48 in Delta Premium Select and 226 in economy. The next-gen airframe will also feature seatback entertainment equipped with Delta Studio, Gogo 2KU Wi-Fi internet access, high-capacity overhead bins across all cabins and LED ambient lighting.
Featured image courtesy of Airbus.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees