Delta’s Airbus A350 Makes Its First Appearance
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airbus is making steady progress with Delta’s first A350 — the twin-engine jet rolled out of the Airbus paint shop in Toulouse, France on Tuesday spotting the carrier’s signature blue and red livery.
— Airways Magazine (@airwaysmagazine) June 13, 2017
Ship 3501, as it’s identified on the assembly line, first took to the skies three weeks ago, kicking off two months of rigorous flight testing, painting and cabin installation as the airline counts down to a mid-summer delivery. This comes after the aircraft entered the final assembly line back in January this year.
While the A350 isn’t foreign to US airports, Delta will be the first US airline to operate the aircraft. The airline plans to operate this soon-to-be flagship international aircraft on transpacific routes from its hub in Detroit (DTW) as it retires the last of its Boeing 747 workhorses in the fourth quarter of this year.
You got it! The flights will originate out of DTW! How exciting! *CKH
— Delta (@Delta) June 14, 2017
The wide-body jet will debut Delta’s latest Delta One suites that will feature, among other things, a full-height door at every suite, sliding privacy dividers between center suites, in-suite customizable ambient lighting, an 18-inch, high resolution IFE screen and a universal power outlet and USB port at every seat.
In total, the aircraft will seat 306 passengers — 32 in the Delta One cabin, 48 in Delta Premium Select and 226 in economy. The next-gen airframe will also feature seatback entertainment equipped with Delta Studio, Gogo 2KU Wi-Fi internet access, high-capacity overhead bins across all cabins and LED ambient lighting.
Featured image courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.