This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express has been in a giving mood as of late — at least for cardholders of the Platinum Card from American Express. In the past couple of months, we’ve seen Amex surprise cardholders with BLADE gift cards and Amazon Echos. Now, the issuer is sending around $250 Tiffany & Co. gift cards to select Platinum cardholders.
TPG reader Andrew S. sent in this image that Amex had randomly gifted him the $250 to Tiffany & Co:
The wording along with the card explains that it’s complimentary and no purchase is necessary. It’s not clear how Amex is targeting which Platinum cardholders get the gift, but it’s nice that the issuer is continuing to surprise unsuspecting cardholders with a reward just for having the card in their wallet.
The Amex Platinum card currently comes with a welcome bonus of 60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in the first three months. With the card, you’ll earn 5x points on airfare booked directly with the airline and on hotels booked through amextravel.com. In addition, you’ll get up to $200 in annual Uber credits and a $200 annual airline fee credit at one airline to be used for incidentals. Plus, there’s always the possibility that Amex will surprise you with a gift just for being a cardholder.
Have you gotten a Tiffany & Co. gift card from Amex?
Featured image courtesy of Stephane Cardinale – Corbis via Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees